💫

(Disclaimer: This is the first fanfic I've ever written and English is not my first language. I really hope you enjoy, it took me a lot of courage to finally post my own work.)

He walked down the empty, dull hallways whistling a familiar tune to himself. He was late. Again. It was nothing unusual when it comes to Min Yoongi, one of the school's ''bad boys'', as they called them.

His heavy, black boots creaked with every step he took. The expensive looking, leather boots were combined with black skinny jeans, a black shirt and a fitting leather jacket decorated with a few silver spikes on the shoulder region. He lifted his hand, slender fingers brushing through his mint colored hair. With a few ear piercings and an attitude, he fit the stereotype almost perfectly. He had poor grades and has gotten into quite a few fights because of his short temper, but Min Yoongi was not a bad person. Simply another misunderstood soul sick of trying to fit in.

He heard the rumors, of course. He heard that the other students were intimidated by him, that they labeled him as a cold, arrogant jerk. He didn't see himself as a particularly scary or selfish person, but he let them think whatever they want. This way, no one was invading his personal space which he valued a lot. His friends Namjoon and Taehyung were the only two people from school that he was close with. They never judged nor questioned him and his way of dealing with things.

Sighing, Yoongi approached the classroom he was supposed to be in over 20 minutes ago. This is going to be a long day.

***

''Yoongi, are you coming?''

''Yeah.'' Yoongi murmured absently while scrolling through his Facebook page.

''Dude, were you even listening to us?! What are you doing, anyway?'' Taehyung said, taking Yoongi's phone from him and inspecting the screen, ''Facebook? Really? No one is using Facebook anymore, you grandpa, have you ever heard of Insta-''

''Tae, let him be. Wanna come with us to the dance performance tomorrow, Yoongs?'' Namjoon interrupted, leaning against his locker.

''The one our school organizes? Fuck no.''

''Oh, come on. It'll be fun, I promise.'' Tae insisted, looking at Yoongi with a hopeful, puppy-like expression. Yoongi rolled his eyes and smirked.

''Are you that excited because you will get to watch your little girlfriend perform?''

''Hye and I are just friends and you know it. Stop trying to find a way out of this, you are coming with us and that's final.''

''Yeah, right.'' Yoongi scoffed.

***

Yoongi wasn't entirely sure why he let his friends convince him to go.

He nervously bit his lip as he tried to make his way through the large crowd of sweaty, loud people. To say that he wasn't a big fan of crowds would be an understatement.

Yoongi despised them.

Getting a hold of Namjoon's pink hoodie, he managed to navigate through the mass and find a couple of empty seats. They sat down and made small talk until Tae arrived with drinks and snacks. A few minutes later, everyone settled and the lights went out. Much to everyone's surprise, the music started right away. Yoongi quietly cheered, thankful that there won't be a typical, annoying speech about their school and school's long lasting tradition. He pocketed his phone just as the lights came back on, adjusting himself in the uncomfortable, plastic chair.