Chapter 2

"No, I think you should go. You'll have fun! I'll get dinner ready, and anyway, dad's getting home early today. He'll help me cook, go live a life!" My mom exclaimed.

Sometimes my mom can be a pain in the ass, other times she can be nice. Today she is just plain annoying.

Here's the back story: Chris, my best friend, told me that her crush is going to this party. And I just happen to be great friends with her crush, Alex. So now she wants me to go with her so I can 'get them together' kind of thing.

"You need to get out, make some friends, get a life."

"Wow. Thanks. And I don't even want to go!" I said. "Like, Chris just wants to get together with Alex, and she's using me." I said crossing my arms.

"Then don't go for Chris, go to hang out with friends."

"Ya know, I can't!" I said throwing my hands up. "Louise did like, the same thing. My best friends are the worst friends, and the people who aren't even my friends are better friends. How is any of this possible?!" I yell, running my fingers roughly through my hair aggravated.

"I'm going to the park." I say. I honestly hate life at random given points. I just want to scream at the world. Rip out all my hair. Slid down the door, and cry until I can't cry anymore.

I slid on my shoes, grab my phone and walk out the door.

Flashback•

"Sweetie, what's been bothering you?" My mom asks, walking over to me and taking a seat on the blanket.

I just shrug my shoulders. "Nothing."

"Hey," my mom says nudging my shoulder. "You know moms have special powers." I looked up at her and smiled.

"No you don't."

"Come on, you've been coming here a lot this week. I know something's up. Just because you're 13, doesn't mean you can't talk to me."

"Fine." I paused, unsure of how to put this. "Well, there's this one boy at school, and I kinda like him, so I told Louise I like him, and this past week I realized that she has been clingy to him. I just don't know what to do."

I looked up at my mom, she looked as if she had no response.

"First off, Louise is definitely not a friend to keep, and second is this that Dallas kid?"

"Yeah. But what should I do? He probably doesn't even think I'm cute."

"You are beautiful! Just put yourself out there, but not too much out there, you still want to act yourself, and that's the key."

"Thanks." I said giving my mom a side hug.

End of Flashback•

When I walk out the door, all the guilt, and hurt, and everything kind of just goes through my body and I just cry. I keep running my hands through my hair, and try to wipe the tears away.

When I get to the park, there's kids on the swings, and couples walking on the trails. I ignore it all and find my way to my tree. The tree where I can just escape everything.

When I got closer to the tree, I saw a figure standing there. Even though the tears were still going down my face, I walked faster to the tree. whoever the hell is there better leave. Now.

"Hey." I said when I approached the guy at the tree.

"Yeah?" He asked politely.

"What are you doing here?" I asked trying to keep my temper to a minimum.

"Um, hangin out. Waiting for some friends." He said. "What's wrong with you?" He asked.

"None of your business. But you're gunna have to leave. This is where I come to chill, and clearly if you're here, that's not happening." I said rubbing my eyes.

"Yeah. Because I'm gunna leave. But I probably should... I mean is your tree after all." He rudely said.

"You know what. Never mind mind." I feel like this afternoon can't get any worse. I walked around the tree, and sat down. I leaned my head back against tree, and closed my eyes.

"So why do you insist this is your tree?" The boy, who I thought would freaking leave me alone, asked. I opened my my left eye to see that the boy was standing in front of me.

"Look, I'm not in the mood for people. So please, walk away." I said closing my eyes again.

"We started on the wrong foot," he started, taking a seat next to me, "I'm Jake, you are?"

"The girl who doesn't care." I said looked over at him. I took this moment to analyze him.

Scrawny, but a bit built.

Brown eyes.

Light brown hair. Oh and a quiff. Every boy I think has one these days.

I looked back in front of me, and closed my eyes again.

"So why we're you crying?" He asked.

I shrugged.

"Okay. So um what's ur name?"

"I don't even know you, so what makes you think I'm going to tell you who I am?"

"Okay, fine." He said.

I opened my eyes and saw him getting up and walking away. "See ya later." he hollered.

No you won't.

I again closed my eyes, and thought about nothin at all.

•••

When I got home, I saw dads car in the drive way. I walked in, and was greeted by my mom and dad.

"You're back." My mom said.

I walked upstairs into my room and decided to go to that party. Mom is right. I need friends.

I gave Chris a call.

"Hey Chris!" I said in the happiest way. I don't want to give her the impression of me not wanting to go.

"Hey babe! So are we still on for tonight?"

I paused, hesitant on what I really wanted to say.

"Well..." I paused, "Duh!" I said, trying to hide my hesitation.

"Okay, so do you want me to pick you up, or are you driving yourself?"

"Can you pick me up?"

"Yeah sure! See you at 8!"

"Can't wait!" I said, then I hung up. Actually I can wait.