Chapter 1

Flashback•

As Isabella got into the mini van, she was more than excited to go to her new neighborhood.

"Mommy, am I going to make new friends in our new house?" She asked.

"Yes, I heard there's a lot of kids where we are moving." Her mom responded handing Isabella a bag of animal crackers.

"Am I going to have my new room?"

"Yes sweetie."

"Do we have a pool?"

"Yes sweetie."

A few minutes later, her dad got in the drivers seat and they were off to their new place.

"Is, say bye to the house." Her father said pulling out of the drive way.

"Good bye!" She said waving to her house.

---------------------------

My mom, dad and I walked out to the park to have our usual Saturday picnic. I packed the three of us Cuban sandwiches, water bottles, and a big bag of grapes. My mom carried the basket with our food, while my dad took the blanket.

We started our short walk towards the park, and went over to our oak tree. I say it's ours because nobody else even goes over to it, and it's literally isolated from the rest of the world. Which is okay with me because I enjoy going over, and just taking a break from the world. Not worrying about anything.

When we got to the tree, I laid out the blanket while my mom got everything ready.

"So how was school yesterday?" My dad asked me when we all got situated.

"The usual. I guess it was good." I shrugged. "How was work?" I asked him.

"I had a busy day. I've been stuck in meetings this past week. Our business is trying to come up with a new location in Chicago."

"Oh, that's cool." I said.

"Sweetie, it may seem 'cool' to you, but if this plan goes through, there is a possibility of moving." Moving? Again? I practically have lived here my whole life. I've been here since I was seven! 10 years!

"That's. Not. Cool." I shake my head. I take a big chunk out if my sandwich, and make small talk with my parents for the remainder of the picnic.

This by far is the worst picnic ever.