Chapter Two: First Time on the Streets

Black Cub

I smirked as Catwoman ran her fingers lovingly over the rows of necklaces. "Beautiful." She purred. I nodded.

"So they are." Even though she was relaxed and calm, I found myself constantly glancing back at the back door. She smiled.

"Nervous, cub?" I nodded and fingered a pearl bracelet. She nodded and turned her attention back to a diamond necklace. "We were all when we first met the Bat." I nodded again.

"And you are sure he'll be here?" She nodded.

"Cub, I've know the Bat for a long time. He is nothing but predictable when it comes to me. But everything will be fine if you do what I told you too." She stopped and looked up ceiling with an open mouth smirk on her face. "There is he now." She whispered. Then her green eyes came back to me. "Go into position. Remember the signal." I nodded and placed the bracelet back in its case. Then I clambered into metal bars in the ceiling. Catwoman placed the necklace back down, shaking her head. "I just don't think it would go with my suit. What do you think, Batman?" I felt my heart race as a tall man in a black suit and cape stepped into the room. He was accompanied by a boy with messy black hair and a red and black costume with a yellow R over his heart. He also had a cape and a mask.

"Catwoman." The man stated curtly. She tsked.

"Why so sour? I thought you would have an opinion."

"Where is your sidekick?" The boy blurted out. Catwoman chuckled. 

"Why so interested?" She glanced up at me. "Anyway, how is the life, Batman? Saving lives and stopping criminals." The man didn't respond. She sighed. "Very talkative, as always."

"Don't make it hard, Catwoman. Just let us take you in with no fight." She pondered it for a few moments then her green eyes found my contacted blue ones.

"I think that won't work. I think we'll be leaving now." That was my que. I dropped down from the ceiling and landed on the boy's shoulders. Then I used my momentum, to lean back and kick him behind me. He crashed into a case of jewellery and Catwoman forced Batman back as well. She grabbed the diamond necklace and I grabbed some jewellery and we ran out into the alley behind the building. She gave me a boost up and I grabbed a hanging bar. Then I swung up onto the roof and she was behind me in a flash. "Run." She hissed and we took off. I glanced back to see them following us.

"They're following us!" I whispered, looking forward to the edge of the roof. She shook her head.

"Always a roof chase with him." I was going to ask her what she meant but I felt something wrapping around my ankles and suddenly they were bound together. I let out a small shriek as I tripped over the overlay on the roof. I just managed to grab the edge of roof with one hand. Catwoman must have not noticed what happened because she didn't come to help me right away. My blonde hair swung into my face and the cat ear headband wasn't doing much to help. My mask was still secure to my face so that was good. The boy's appeared above me and Batman continued on to the next roof.

"Take care of her! I'll catch the other one." The boy nodded and reached down to grab my arm. I snarled and swiped at his face. He leaned back as the claws that came from my gloves just missed his mask.

"Hey! I'm trying to help you!" I gritted my teeth.

"I don't want your help!" I brought my knees up to my chest and started to try and saw through the boa binding my ankles together. I realized a second too late that my other hand was slipping. A scream escaped my lips as I started plummeting toward the pavement. Someone tackled my waist. I realized it was the boy but then he twisted our bodies and he slammed into the hard alley floor, not me. Then I felt someone slice through the boa on my ankles and grab my upper arm.

"Come on, cub!" Catwoman and I faded into the shadows but not before I glanced back at the boy who was still sprawled out on the concrete.