Petrified

It had been a few days since Christmas had ended and Hermione was still in the hospital wing. She was going to be fine, Mdm. Pomfrey had confirmed it.

Harry, Ron, Poppy and Ellie were walking around discussing things when they came across a puddle on the staircase which was rather odd.

"I don't like the feeling about this." Ellie stated clearly disturbed. So they did what anyone else would do, they followed the water.

"Looks like Moaning Myrtle flooded the bathroom." Poppy spoke.

"Well that's lovely isn't it." Ellie commented. "Come on, let's get this over and done with." So the four of them walked to the girls bathroom where they found all the taps running and the sinks were all over flowing. Upon entering they heard a ghastly wailing sound probably coming from Myrtle. Harry pointed to the window where she was and they cautiously took a step closer.

"Come to throw something else at me?" She said sassily with some serious attitude.

"I will if you talk to me like that again." Poppy raised her voice, her hair already beginning to change to its red colour. Myrtle turned around holding her head high trying to pretend that she wasn't bothered.

"Why would we throw something at you?" Harry asked obviously being the peace keeper.

"Don't ask me. Here I am, minding my own business and someone thinks it's funny to throw a book at me."

"But it can't hurt if someone throws something at you. I mean, it'll just go right through you." Wrong thing to say Ronald even if it was true. Without any hesitation Myrtle came swooping down and began to yell.

"OH SURE!! Let's all throw books at Myrtle because she can't feel it! 10 points if you get it through her STOMACH!" She punched her hand through Ron making him look officially terrified of the ghost in front of him. "50 points if it goes through her HEAD!" She then punched her hand through his head.

"But who threw it at you anyway." Harry spoke up.

"I don't know." Her annoyingly sweet voice had returned. "I didn't see them. I was just sitting in the U-bend, thinking about death and it fell through the top of my head."

"So we are positive she doesn't have a brain." Poppy murmured to Ellie who found it hard to contain her laughter. She obviously said it a bit to loud as she received a 'deadly' glare from Myrtle. After that she began wailing again and floated off. Harry walked over to one of the stalls towards a book that was on the floor.

That night the two girls went to bed in there dorm room to go to sleep but Harry had decided to go off and do something that would probably get him into trouble.

____

The next morning, they were walking through the courtyard and Harry was telling hem what he had found out that previous night.

"It was Hagrid. Hagrid opened the Chamber of Secrets 50 years ago."

"It can't be Hagrid. It just can't be." Hermione countered.

"We don't even know this Tom Riddle. He sounds like a dirty, rotten snitch to me."

"For once, I agree with the Weasley in the group." Hermione looked at Poppy. "Hermione I pretty much always agree with you." She shrugged in response, agreeing with the young girl.

"The monster had killed some one, Ron. What would any of us have done?"

"Look, Hagrid's our friend. Why don't we just go and ask him about it?"

"That would be a cheerful visit. 'Hello Hagrid. Tell us, have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?'"

"Mad and Hairy?" Came a booming voice from behind. "You wouldn't be talking about me, now, would ya?"