The Four Founders

"Today we will be learning how to transfigure animals into water goblets," Professor McGonagall began. She stood before the class, demonstrating the spell by transforming a bird into a pristine crystal water goblet. "Now, who would like to go first?" Her eyes scanned the class before they landed on a very anxious Ron. "Mr Weasley?" Ron gulped nervously before following McGonagall's instructions with his broken twig of a wand. The rat curled up into a water goblet shape, still covered in fur and its wormtail still wiggling. McGonagall eyed the redhead, amusement in her beady eyes.

"That wand needs replacing, Mr Weasley." she states, laughter echoing around the room.

"In all fairness, Professor, I'm not sure this new wand will last him very long either." Poppy stated, Ellie sniggering next to her. McGonagall couldn't keep her small smile hidden at the girls' remark. It was true, his new wand would not last much longer. Soon after, Hermione raised her hand and asked McGonagall about the Chamber of Secrets. All the students, even the ones who were asleep (Poppy) had their attention on the lady at the front of the classroom. Yes, before you ask, Poppy had fallen asleep in the space of 10 seconds! She was tired, don't judge!

"Very well," she began, she seemed somewhat nervous, "Well you all know, of course, Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age. Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin. Now, three of the founders co-existed quite harmoniously; but one did not."

"Three guesses who!" Ron stated to Harry. Ellie rolled her eyes at his remark whereas Poppy's face resembled anger and her red eyes clearly showed it. She knew exactly who she was on about and she could not stop the glare going towards a certain bleach blond ferret towards the back of the class room. Malfoy shifted uncomfortably under the girls' glare but tried best he could to hide it.

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts," McGonagall continued but not before she gave a Ron a look that meant shut up. "He believed magical learning should be kept within all magic families, in other words pure bloods." These words only angered Poppy more but Ellie had caught on and gave her arm a reassuring squeeze. She calmed down slightly but could still explode at any moment. "Unable to sway the others he decided to leave the school now according to legend, Slytherin had built a secret chamber in this castle. Known as the chamber of secrets. Now shortly before departing, he sealed it until that true time when his heir would return to the school. The heir alone would be able to open the chamber and unleash the horror within and by so in doing, purge the school of all those who, in Slytherins' view, were unworthy to study magic." After hearing this the two girls turned to Hermione with an apologetic look. Muggle borns. "Well, naturally the school has been searched many times, but no such chamber has been found." She finished.

"Professor, what does legend say is in the chamber?"

"The chamber is said to behold of something that only the true heir of Slytherin can control. It is said to be the home... of a monster." And with that, the bell rang signalling that the lesson was over.

---------

"Do you think it's true?" Ron asked as the 5 students marched through the halls.
"Yes, can't you tell, McGonagall's worried, all the teachers are."

The students kept talking but Poppy had zoned out half way through. Some shit about Malfoy but in her eyes, that boy wasn't worth spit so she just ignored him. Besides, her dream kept recurring and it was bothering her. Every night it would start and end at the same place. Ellie noticed and nudged her. She looked at her friend with a confused look.

"Well what do you think?" Ellie asked.
"About what?" Ellie just groaned and dragged her to the library. "Actually on second thoughts I'm just gonna head to my dorm for a bit, I'll catch you later." She turned on her heel and walked away. Ellie and Hermione exchanged a worried glance but continued on to the library. 

---/---/---/---/---

Sorry for the short chapter but the new one should be out soon. We've had exams so not had time to write but they're over now so we should be more active. Thank you for reading and feel free to leave any comments whether it be suggestions on what should happen or what you think Poppy's dream could mean. Dun, dun dun.

Anyway, thank you again for reading!!