Chapter 4: I Think I'm Going To Like It Here

En başından başla

*SMALL TIMESKIP*

Your POV

Asami just had to explain to everybody exactly how she found me when she walked in and I had no doubt my cheeks were as red as a tomato when she mentioned how I tripped over the shorts around my knees, though even I found that funny. After breakfast, I see Mako, Bolin, and Korra head out.

You: "Where you guys headin'?" I ask casually.

Mako: "We're going to practice for the Pro Bending Tournament Semi-Finals tomorrow night." I must have looked confused because he began explaining it to me.

You: "Could I tag along? I might not be a ton of help but I could show you a move or two you and Bolin could use." He just shrugs and nods.

Mako: "Why not? We could use any edge we can get right now." I hear footsteps behind me and turn around to see Pema walking, no more like stomping up to me. Uh oh she looks mad

Pema: "Where do you think you're going young man?!"

You: "To help Mako, Bolin, and Korra practice for the Pro Bending Tournament?" Though it comes out more like a question than a statement.

Pema: "One, in your condition with your knee and shoulder? Two, you need to clean up that mess in your room. And Three, Look At How Your Dressed!" I look down and see I'm in only boxers and that I still have a single sock on. I hear Korra, Mako, and Bolin all snickering behind me.

You: "But what if-" I am cut off before I can even begin by Pema.

Pema: "No buts! You're staying here and resting until your shoulder and knee heal!" I groan and look down in defeat. I still hear Korra laughing even though Mako and Bolin stopped.

You: "What's still so funny Korra?"

Korra: "You seemed to have ripped your boxers." She points down laughing. I hear Mako and Bolin start howling with laughter. I am redder than an apple now, I can even hear Pema giggling in the background. That is until I smirk I know exactly how I'm going to play this.

You: "And how did you find that rip Miss Korra?" She stops laughing, got her. "Were you enjoying the view down there? Or just happen to be staring and notice?" I see her break out in a blush. I look at Mako and Bolin before laughing, I turn around and start walking back inside while listening to Mako and Bolin tease Korra. 'Well played' I hear the voice say. 'finally, we agree on something' I say with a smile on my face. I think going to like it here.

*TIMESKIP*

Your POV

I decide to get up from bed and head downstairs to get something to eat and run into Mako and Asami leaving.

You: "Well, well, well. What do we have here?" I say. They both blush and I put 2 and 2 together. "Have fun love birds." I say waving, they wave back and walk out. I grab some of Pema's rolls 'gods I love these' I think to myself as I head to the dining room to start eating, but then I see Korra sitting there with her head in her hands. I sit down next to her and she looks up, I offer her a roll which she excepts slightly smiling, but I still see sadness in her eyes. I feel, well, bad seeing her sad like this.

You: "What's wrong Korra?" I ask gently.

Korra: "What do you do when you like someone?" I won't lie I am a bit taken aback by this.

You: "Well, who do you like?"

Korra: "Mako." She says barely over a whisper. "But he likes Asami."

You: "Well why do you like Mako?" I ask trying to be polite as possible.

Korra: "Well...He's good looking." I raise an eyebrow at her.

You: "Aaaand?" 'Please say there's more please say she likes him for more than looks.' I know if that's all she likes him for this conversation is going downhill fast.

Korra: "Well that's really all I can think of right now." 'Aww crap baskets' I hear the voice laugh at that one.

You: "You want honesty or a lie? I'm pretty good at both." She nods and says to be honest. 'Oh gods please don't let this make her mad.' Well, here goes. "My Sister always told me my parents would say that basing a relationship off looks never lasts long because it usually means you aren't "compatible" and that in 40 years they won't look the same way." I say shrugging. She nods but says she still wants to be with him.

You: "Hey I won't judge, you do you." I say while I start devouring these rolls. I hear her snicker at this. I look at her with a cocked eyebrow.

You: "What's so fummy?" I ask with a mouth filled with 2 whole rolls.

Korra: "You take "eating like a pig" to a whole new level of serious." She says still laughing softly.

You: "Well I'm not sure how to argue with that one?" I say rubbing my chin. She just laughs and says she's going to sleep, we say our goodnights. A few minutes after I finish eating the rest of the rolls I put the empty basket back and decide to go outside and stargaze. "How am I supposed to explain to Pema that I ate another 15 of her rolls." I say chuckling to myself. It's a warm night and I hear the sounds of the city in the distance. 'Yea, I think I'm going to like it here.' I think to myself before drifting off to sleep still outside under the stars.