Chapter 33

So I just read the new Legend of Korra comic book, and I HIGHLY recommend reading it. It dives into sexual orientation throughout the history of Avatar and it's just perfect. It also shows the struggles of being accepted along with trying to rebuild a city after it's destroyed by war.

I've also put the full youtube video of the comic above, but I would also buy the book because it's just amazing. Dakota WILL also be going along for the ride during the comic book adventures once I finish completing the TV series.

"Again."

Pushing the water around myself in a small stream, I focus on the water. It felt odd repeating such an easy move over and over again. But it did take me five tries to even get it around my body.

"Now change it's state before launching it at the sea" Damini demands, crossing her arms.

Grunting, the water slowly freezes into sludge, slamming into the water. Closing my eyes, I raise my hands into the air. Water droplets rise from the ocean, hanging in the air. Sweat forms on my face as the ability to control it becomes more and more difficult. Finally, my hold breaks and the water falls back into the ocean like rain. Nodding, Damini walks up to me "Good job, you're getting better every day."

Sighing, I run a hand through my hair "I'm in control of my waterbending it's just what else I can do with it that makes me dangerous."

"What could possibly make you dangerous?" Damini asks. 

A loud crack vibrates through my head, the cracking of Leinani's joints echoing. "I'm a bloodbender. The skill came fairly easy to me, so I never learned control."

The woman freezes, her eyes widening in surprise. "To say the least, you're the nicest bloodbender I've ever met."

"What do you mean?"

"My mother was a bloodbender" she spits in distaste. "She was a very powerful woman, but she didn't have the ability to choose what bending art her child would posses. For years, she prayed that I would be a waterbender. So imagine her disappointment when I shot a fireball instead of a waterball."

"I'm so sorry" I frown "That's awful."

"She hated my father, for giving me his appearance and bending abilities, so she sent him away" Damini sighs. "Then she remarried, having child after child, until she finally got her little waterbender. She fell so in love with that waterbender, and it's siblings, she forgot all about me. Even her new husband and children distanced themselves from me, leaving me all alone. She actually tried to send me away, just like my father. She hated me, and wanted to wipe me from her life, forever."

"It's okay" I whisper, wrapping an arm around her, trying to comfort the grown woman. "She's missed out on what a kind person you are Damini. She doesn't deserve you."

"Thank you, Dakota, you are truly a kind spirit" Damini whispers, wiping her cheeks. "But even if you've used your bloodbending to hurt people, doesn't mean you can't use it to help people."