Chapter 24

WOW! Were almost done with Amon. Just saying, there is going to be ALOT that happens when Amon attacks the city. Dakota is about to become REALLY badass. ENJOY THE ALMOST 2000 WORD CHAPTER

"Darling? Are you alright?" Grandma whispers, entering my room.

"Yes Grandma, I'm alright, I just feel...odd" I admit, making her take my hands.

"What's wrong?" she asks me. "I feel like things..are going to happen today..bad things" I sigh, making her smile grimly. "Dakota..even if things get bad, you have your friends and your family to protect you" she whispers "Now come on".

~~~~~~~~~

I walk outside with Grandma, where Lin stands with Meelo.

I was right.

The city vibrates as bombs go off,  Grandma looks pained, having seeing the sight before. Bolin, Mako, Leinani, Korra and Asami run out.

"All right, kids, time to go inside." Lin says sternly, causing Jinora, Meelo and Ikki to go inside.

"We heard explosions, what's going on?" Korra asks. Bolin walks to my side and grabs my hand.

"Republic City is under attack." Lin says, her eyes glued on the city. "We need to get in there!" Korra calls.

"You guys go, I'm staying here" I say, making everyone look at me.

"Dakota, no!" Korra says, her eyes filled with worry. "Please..Dakota" Bolin mumbled, his eyes wide.

"I need to protect my Grandma and the airbenders, and Lin shouldn't have to do it alone" I say firmly, looking at Bolin.

My fingers cradle his face "I love you Bolin, be safe" I mumble before pressing my lips to his.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You know they're going to come here kid" Lin says firmly as we stand on the porch.

"I know Chief, I need to protect my family, no matter the cost" I state sharply. Pema, Grandma, and the kids join us. "You were right darling" Grandma whispers as we watch in fear as Amon takes over the city.

Suddenly, one of the many airships in the city change their route, coming to us.

"Everyone, hide inside and remain calm." Lin says sternly. Pema screams out in pain, her hands on her stomach. "Pull it together, Pema! Didn't I just say "remain calm"?" Lin states, which results in Grandma to glare at her.

"Mommy? What's wrong?" Ikki states as Pema bends over in pain.

"The baby's coming!" Pema says in utter pain. "Oh no!" Jinora says as Meelo glares at the baby bump. "Bad baby!" he calls as Grandma, along with other woman lead Pema and the children off.

Walking to the courtyard with Lin, I pull water from the moist air.

Two long arms of water trail off from my own water as I prepare to fight. "They're here" Lin growls as the first two chi blockers appear. Quickly she takes them out, but more follow.

Yelling, I run forward before swinging my arm, causing the water arm to knock over many people.

Retracting the water, it circles around my body. An Equalist runs towards me, but with a quick hand movement, an ice ball slams into the guy, sending him flying.