스물하나

--
"You know why you're here."

Jungkook had been in quite a few scary situations in his life; but nothing, nothing, was more terrifying to him than being in a room alone with five demons - three off which had harmed him in the past.

If he had not known who they truly were, maybe it would be a bit less nerve wracking. If he believed that they were just humans, then the threat would be less imminent because humans can only do what their bodies allow. Knowing they're demons? Who knew what they could be capable of?

It had been just over a week since he had learned, and although he felt relatively safe around Jimin, and maybe even Taehyung - the other four were shrouded within the unknown. Yoongi, Namjoon, Seokjin, and Hoseok. Two that he was okay with when he assumed that they were human, two that he was on bad terms with even when he believed the same about them.

Hoseok and Yoongi were dangerous when he thought they were human, what would happened now that they knew that he knew what they are? Did they have powers that they were holding back?

"I'm not following." Jungkook mumbled back, shrinking into himself as he felt the tension in the room grow. Maybe he would be fine if Jimin was there, but of course he was the one demon that wasn't.

"Jungkook," Taehyung began, "They know. They all know that you know what we are."

Jungkook frowned.

"How?" He asked. "Jimin only told you."

"Taehyung told me because he assumed Jimin already would have, you know, with me being his roommate in all." Yoongi piped up. "And I'm a snitch, so I told Hoseok. Hoseok's an even bigger snitch so he told Namjoon and Seokjin." He chuckled. "Word gets around with us quick."

"I just still can't believe he'd pick you of all people to tell." Hoseok huffed, leaning against the wall next to Yoongi. "Guess you're just special aren't you?"

Jungkook gulped, backing up even further as he tried to stay confident although there were five pairs of eyes on him.

"And you being special to Jimin, is the reason we all called you here." Seokjin spoke up, leaning against Namjoon and smiling softly.

Jungkook scoffed.

"'Called me here'." Jungkook repeated incredulously. "Yoongi found me in the hall and dragged me here by the collar of my shirt. Not exactly a kind greeting."

There was a slight chorus of chuckles.

"As if Yoongi ever gives kind greetings." Namjoon chuckled, ignoring the sharp glance that Yoongi sent his way. "But I'm sorry to say, we aren't exactly here to exchange pleasantries."

Jungkook raised an eyebrow, trying to refrain from gazing at the golden jewellery around his wrist and neck.

"Then what are we here for?" The human asked. "If-If this turns into that time that Hoseok dragged me here.." He instinctively wrapped his arms around himself as a way of shielding himself, fear completely noticeable in his eyes.

"No, Jungkook." Taehyung sighed, "I promise. We're here to ask you something that seems simple, but we know it's going to be insanely difficult for you."

Jungkook didn't let his guard down.

"What?" He asked. "What do you need to ask me that was so important that all of you needed to be gathered here?"

And then, it got eerily quiet.

All of the demons passed each other glances, silently seeming to ask themselves; "Who's going to tell him?" And Jungkook was left in the balance.