Phil rolled his eyes before taking out a paper from his school bag and wrote a message on it.

Lucky!

Yeah I know

when can I see it?

when it's finished now drink my coffee

I think you mean my coffee danny

Dan laughed sitting back in his seat and staring out the window while Phil downed the coffee.
______________________________________

Dan began to work on the mural every day during gym, which was only thirty minutes so the mural as a while took longer the intended. But it covered most of the back wall so he was forced to ask the school for a ladder so he could make the drawing bigger.

It took so long in fact by the time his mural was coming to an end there were people in the gym setting up stuff for the dance. They even had the DJ station set up in the corner of the room.

He was almost done with the whole mural. It was definitely his biggest and longest project. Two weeks of absolute misery and fuck ups but he was happy with his final piece.

In the corner of his eye he saw the doors open and Mrs Anderson step into the room. She looked at his mural nodding in approval before walking over to some teachers taping balloons to the walls which would be taken and popped by the end of the dance.

He climbed off the ladder and looked up at his mural. He smiled. It was brilliant. There was one more thing head to do though. He took one of the smaller paint brushes and wrote 'by dan howell' in the moon. He grinned, packed up his supplies and left to history class when the bell rang.
______________________________________

After school at the mall food court (Louise suggest they go shopping with her for the dance) Dan announced to Louise and Phil that the mural was done. They gave him an applause and whooped though they knew he couldn't hear them.

Phil immediately shot Dan a text asking when they could see it. He promised both of them that they would see it soon enough. He felt more comfortable talking around Louise now, sure he'd known her forever but it was still scaring. She could've changed, but luckily, according to Phil, she was still the girlish goofball she'd always been.

Louise took out her pink notebook a that she used to write notes to him and Phil. He never understood why Louise and Phil wrote notes to each other. Couldn't they just talk to one another? He never questioned it though. She wrote something down and handed it Dan.

what are you wearing to the dance then

Dan realized he hadn't told them both he wasn't going. So he told them now and Louise freaked out. Of course she could hear her which made it a hell lot better but it seemed she was just ranting to Phil and flailing her arms wildly. Phil took the journal away from Dan to tell him something.

She says you're being ridiculous and you should go

Dan shook his head. "No," he said firmly. "I've never gone to one and I'm going just so I can awkwardly stand in a corner."

Louise spoke to Phil and glared at Dan. Phil took out his phone and typed away. Dan's phone vibrated in his pocket so he took the phone out to see what Phil had said.

Turns out his was using their group chat for when all three of them were together or wanted to talk to one another. Which meant Louise got the text too.

She says we should have a threesome

Dan looked up at her with a face of disgust to see her throwing a chilli fry at Phil. He looked down at his phone to see he had gotten another text from Louise.