Chapter 4 - Making Plans

***Thanks for your support on How to Defy Fate! Please understand that I have work and life stuff that takes up most of my time now and I can't really write as fast as before. But a big thank you to everyone who's stayed by me through the Myths Finding Love Series***

Thinking of whether I still should update on Radish or just here now so please do watch ads between chapters to help me out! Thank you!

Chapter 4 - Making Plans

A dark cell...

Somewhere in Ancient Greece

"So should I call you Seth or Aiken?" I asked the guy who really looked a lot like my father. He was also my cellmate and I just realized this is the first time I knew his name.

"Hmm. I like Seth better. Aiken sounds old," he said with a huge grin.

"Alright. My name is Aidon. Sorry, by the way. It's just that you really looked like my father."

His grin widened. "Then your father is a handsome man, no?"

Cheeky.

I'll let that one pass for this was a time for celebration. We won! We fought well and defeated all the other gladiators!

If my father knew about this, I'd bet he'd be so proud. If my mom knew about this, she'd freak out the way mothers always do about their kids. Even though I am an immortal, she still coddled me and my twin sister like we could die anytime. It made an interesting childhood and a great amily dynamic.

Thinking of that made me smile. But at the same time, I felt this twinge in my heart. They were all gone. My family was all dead. And I wouldn't see them again unless I find that scroll and set everything right.

The twinge heightened. All my life, I grew up without powers. And then one day, this suddenly came. Learning that I had the ability to control time made me feel so great and powerful. But at the same time, it made me question if I deserved any of this.

Being thrown back in time to save the world increased those doubts even further. The fate of the entire world rested on my shoulders and here I was, not knowing what to do.

I sighed and closed my eyes. I took a deep breath to calm my racing heart.

Then, I opened my eyes and looked at the stands. Zeus was still there with Hera and they were still smiling at each other.

I turned to approach him and then stopped when the chains went taut and halted me from moving farther. At the same time, I realized Zeus wouldn't really know me now. This was back in time; way back before I was even born.

Still I had to do something. I was powerless and Zeus was the only one here who could help me. Without my powers, I was weak and it will take me more time to find the scroll.

I just have to figure out a plan and make sure that plan worked perfectly.

Several guards appeared with their weapons drawn. Instantly, Seth and I were on alert once more. The crowd stopped cheering when the emperor stood up. It was as if everyone held their breaths. He raised his hand and then gave us a thumbs-up.

And the crowd went wild once more.

The guards unhooked our chain to the boulder and then dragged us back. They were much kinder this time, though. Perhaps it was because we were victors. We passed by our earlier cell then onto another set of dark corridors which didn't stink as much.

Finally, we were brought to a dimly lit room. They shoved us inside roughly and sealed the bars again. When my eyes adjusted to the light, I saw that a small feast was laid out before us.