Chapter 1 - The Face That Haunts Me

***PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER!***

Chapter 3 also posted on Radish today. Please download the Radish app if you want to read advanced chapters! You can pay 3 coins per chapter or wait a week and read it for free also on Radish. Thanks in advance to those who'll buy chapters!

CHAPTER 1 – THE FACE THAT HAUNTS ME

A few hours after Zeus and Hera's Wedding...

The Courtyard
Zeus' Palace
Mount Olympus

-Aidon-

"Aidon! Boy, you have to try this!" Dionysus shouted as he stumbled his way towards me.

Yes, that is the right word—stumbled.

Why?

Just a few hours into Zeus and Hera's wedding party and he was already flat-out drunk... like always. Some things truly never change. I shook my head as I became his newest target to try out one of his concoctions. He sat on the empty chair besides me, grabbed my glass and poured me a hefty amount of one of his brews.

"I'm good," I told him with a smile.

"Bah!" he shouted. He pushed the glass into my hands and I took a very small sip.

"Yeah. It's very good," I told him with a smile. That seemed to pacify him. He pinched my cheek and then stood up and tried to look for another victim. His previous one, Ares, was already slumped on the table.

I rubbed my reddened cheek and tried to look around.

The sun has just began to set and the rows upon rows of white chairs disappeared and made way for a black marble dance floor in the middle of the courtyard. The sky cast an orange and purple glow on the lovers that were intertwined on the dance floor as they moved slowly.

My parents, Aerith and Hades, were there. And so were other couples: Poseidon and Amphitrite, Aurea and Thanatos, Aphrodite and Hephaestus, and many more. Hephaestus had this grim look while he danced with his wife. I think he was at that point where he simply didn't care anymore about his wife and their marriage.

I sighed heavily.

Why was love such a complicated thing? Why was fate even more complicated?

And just as that thought crossed my mind, I saw her.

She was known as the face that launched a thousand ships and the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.

I've laid eyes on her for more than a thousand times in the past. But each time was the same as the first time—she still took my breath away. According to my father and the rest of the gods who were together with their fated, this was how it felt when you saw your 'the one.'

Yes, it was Helen for me.

But she doesn't seem to know that or understand it.

Right on cue, the bane of my existence arrived. Paris.

I snorted inwardly at his name. Paris is a beautiful city which was totally opposite what I thought of him. I hated him since the first time I saw him for he was with my Helen.

But I guess since he met her first and they've been together for a long time, it's hard for Helen to forget him or recognize me as her fated.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. I looked away when the Muses played a lovely melody and everyone headed to the dance floor —including Helen and Paris.