Chapter 18

Jody hadn't taken it well and she had been crying too much, she had been trying to convince Dean that it wasn't over yet, that there would be a way to save him but Dean just didn't believe in that. It was too late now, he was in too much pain and only the painkillers made it tolerable.

He hadn't been able to let her stay for longer though, the tears she had been crying had broken his heart and he hated that he would hurt his foster mom that much but there was no use in trying to hide the truth and he wouldn't lie just to go easy on anybody because if he did that he would only hurt the people he loved more.

After some time Jody had left though, realizing that there was no point in trying to convince Dean that he would be alright or that the doctors would be able to do something and since he wanted to talk to Sam, she would go and look for the younger Winchester.

Meanwhile Dean was trying to collect himself and stay awake because talking to Jody had been straining and tiring and he was exhausted, his injuries doing nothing to help his state. He didn't want to fall asleep though, he was scared that he wouldn't wake up again, so he stayed awake - he just had to.

There was one more thing before dying though but he couldn't do that because he was too weak and shaky to actually do it and nobody was there to write for him but he just wanted to have some letters ready for Cas and Sam.

As if on cue, Percy walked in through the door without having knocked first, sitting down on the chair next to Dean's bed and looking at him with a calm look, only his sea-green eyes showed Percy's real feelings, only they showed that Percy was afraid and scared to death. Dean was thankful that Percy tried to keep that to a minimum though, he was glad that Percy wasn't trying to do the same thing as Jody even though he probably had met her on his way to the room.

It took another few moments until he spoke up but his voice was also so calm and it helped Dean a lot to calm down, Percy just seemed to always have that effect on him. Right now this was perfect though, it helped him calm down and take some deep, or as deep as he could with his broken rips, breaths, it helped him to clear his mind and focus on the important things.

"Jody said you think you're dying and said goodbye to her, that you wanna say goodbye to Sam and Castiel, too. Just thought you'd like it if I came and said goodbye, too, because you've become a friend to me and... I don't know, I'd just like to say goodbye," Percy said with a shrug, obviously trying his hardest to keep his calm demeanour. Dean could just nod at that and looked down to his hands before he looked up to Percy again.

"Thank you. For stopping by, I mean. And... I guess it's much to ask for but could you please do something for me? I just want to have some letters ready for Sam and Cas and maybe Jody, too, to cheer them up but I can't write myself and..."

"Don't worry, kid. I'll write them for you. So, what do you want me to write?"

*~*

It didn't take Percy long to finish the letters even though they had to take some breaks for Dean to catch his breath once again or for him to find the right words. Percy was patient though, didn't say anything throughout the whole process besides suggesting something in a few parts when he thought that Dean couldn't get anywhere himself.