Chapter 16: Sacrifice

Start from the beginning

"Counting you four"

"And people say stay away from Klaus Mikealson you are near him longer then two seconds you are dead"

"Well love the reason that you are not dead yet is because you are my brother's Elijah mate"

"Ugh did he tell you to say that?"

"No I know because if one of use have a mate like Elijah has the rest of the family feels like they need to protect thier mate like how you would protect Jeremy,Alaric,Jenna so on"

"So basically you want to protect me like how you protect your siblings? I think I will pass seeing how you treat your siblings and all...wait how many siblings do you have?"

"Four half siblings"

"Ha so which one was the-"

"One who slept with another? Ether our mother"

"Oh speaking of siblings that aren't actually your siblings I have to go"

"Jeremy?"

"Him and Elena I quit being her sister"

"Afraid that isn't how it works love"

"Then how come I did it?"

I walked out of the grill. I call Ric too see where he is.

"Jennifer where have you been?"

"Uh...the grill"

"Just come here the sacrfice is starting soon and Rose got bit by a werewolf"

"How long have I been gone?"

"Look at the sky"

I looked up and saw that it was dark.

"Wow" I whispered

"OK Ric I will be there"

I hung up and started walking 'Have I really been at the Grill that long?' I stopped walking and looked up at the sky. With everything going on in life I never noticed how buetiful the sky is. I shake my head getting rid of the thoughts and stared walking again. When I get there Stefan,Elena and Bonnie are walking away from the house.

"Hey Bonnie what is going on?"

"Ugh we come to find you let's start walking back"

We start walking back and I see Alaric and Jeremy waiting by the door.

"Why are they-"

I didn't get to finish my question when I was pushed into the house. I almost tripped. Alaric caught me. I turned around sharply

"What the hell was that for?"

"So you are save"

"Save from what?"

"The sacrifice"

"Let me the hell out of here...wait-"

"Stop with the disraction Jennifer I will be fine"

They walk away. I punch the barriar. Nothing. I try again but still nothing.

"Ugh they are such idiots"

I turned to Ric and Jeremy.

"Aren't you gonna help me?"

"Help with what? It is a spell we can't do anything"

"All my friends and family members are idiots"

Jeremy and Alaric yelled "HEY!"

I laughed a little

*Time Skip*

I felt something.

"The sacrafice is over Elena is dead"

Alaric got up "What do you mean?"

"It is a weird feeling I get when someone I care about is hurt or dead. I don't know maybe I am supernatural more then just a doppleganger"

After a while Damon walked in with Elena in his arms. I run towards them. Alaric come out "Jenna?".

Damon shook his head. Jenna is dead. I start to cry. "Everyone I care about always dies. I god I wish I told her. I should have told her."

I was bursting into tears. Not because of Elena. But because of Jenna. Me and Jenna and a better relationship then Elena, Jeremy and Jenna had. Jenna was like a sister,mom,aunt, and best freind to me. She was my everything.

I heard a gasp. I looked over to see Elena awake. How? I looked past her and saw a body.

I run to the body facing it towards the sky. John. He is dead. He is dead because of Elena. Jenna is dead because of Elena.

And because me in a way. John probably would have sacraficed his life to save mine. I am sick of all the people I care about dying.

Then the scene with Klaus come to mind. Oh my god I bonded in a way with the guy who killed my sister, my everything. I don't know if John's death counted as someone I cared about killed by him or Elena. I felt a arm on my shoulder. I turned around to see Alaric. I throw my arms over him.

"I am sorry Ric. Everyone around me dies. Everyone I care about. On one is safe with us. I don't want you to die too. I-" Ric kept stroking my hair

Ric released from the hug grabbing my shoulders and looking me in the face.

"Shhh calm down Jennifer I am never gonna leave you.. or Jeremy... or Elena"

I throw my arms over him again.

"I am never gonna let go" I whispered my head was on his chest. I douted he heard me. But he did.

"And I will never let you let go"

I don't know how long we stayed there but my eyes started to fell heavy. I yawned. Ric stroked my hair "Let's get you to sleep"

"No everytime I close my... my eyes someone I care about dies" I almost fell asleep. I couldn't even get throw half my scentce without yawning or almost falling alseep.

The next thing I know my feet are off the ground. My head layed on Ric's chest. I felt really tired. Everything I said gave away how tired I was.

"Thanks Ric"

"For what?"

"For being there. For being our second father"

I fell asleep with a few thoughts 'Am I like Elena or Katherine?' 'Or am I worse?"