Chapter Eighteen

A/N: Happy reading babes! :)

•••

The next day at school started as a nightmare. I'd seen Hailey in at least two of my classes before but never actually realized she's in some of them. First, she was in my second period class, French. She was acting all manipulative and rude in that class, I can't stand her.

Now, we're in the lunch room and she's sat with us once again. Doesn't she know we don't like her?!

"So where is John?" she asks, folding
her hands on the table and plastering a fake yet bright smile on her face. I roll my eyes dramatically, then laugh with my friends.

"I don't know, Hailey. Why do you care where my boyfriend is?" I fire back. Hailey looks taken aback, but recovers quickly.

Speaking of Johnny, he walks up and Cheryl Blossom herself gets a hungry look in her eyes. What's she going to start now?

"I was just telling Mackenzie and her friends about our history! Would you like to tell them or shall I go on, Johnny?" sighs Hailey.

"Why did you say it like that? What do you mean, history?" I interrogate her. She acts like everything is working perfectly.

"Are they really your friends, Kenzie? They haven't tried to stop me from telling all about Johnny and I, which could get in the way of a lot of... feelings and situations," she lures me in. Her words echo in my mind and the room is spinning.

My friends seem to realize what Hailey was saying. "What are you trying to do, Hailey?" chimes Jayden. I stare at the two girls.

"Yeah, what is wrong with you?!" Karli narrows her eyes at Hailey.

"No, don't. I wanna hear it," I cross my arms and huff out, looking at Johnny over my shoulder. He sighs.

"Why are you doing this? Stop, Hailey!" he raises his voice, stepping closer to her.

"Well now I have to know, John. It would've been better to hear it from you," I gently push him out of my view of Hailey. I mutter a small sorry to him and he relaxes a bit.

"Go ahead. I will found out somehow, if someone doesn't tell me," I assure Hailey and Johnny.

"Hmm, feisty. Okay then, I guess I'll tell you! 2:00 sharp, picnic tables outside after school today. No one else, and I'll tell you,"

I shift in my seat. The bell rings and I push myself out of the chair and put my hands firmly on the table,

"Fine, but you will tell me all of it. And enough messing with my friends and I! By telling me whatever you think could ruin our relationship, you're winning. So  enough!" and with that I walk away.

•••

The clock reads 1:27 and I'm nervous, but I'm so ready. To be done with the drama that follows Hailey around, to be done with Hailey in general, and to know whatever went on between that psycho and my boyfriend. I miss him, but I find myself wanting to push him away... somehow I keep telling myself this isn't all her fault, it's his.

"What are you thinking about, Mackenzie? Care to share with the class what is so important in your mind? I can tell it's not what I'm teaching up here right now," my science teacher, Mrs. Porter startles me. I snap back to reality and focus on her.

"My pencil falls out of my hand and on the the notebook page silently.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Porter. It won't happen again," I clear my throat and mutter sheepishly.

"Thank you, Mackenzie. See me after class," my teacher gives me a look. My heart speeds up.

"It's not a form of punishment, I would just like to talk with you," she clarifies. Will I be late to meet Hailey? Oops.

•••

A/N: I AM SO SORRY UGHHH! I'm mad at myself because I haven't been posting regularly but trust me; it's not because I don't want to! I just started school and have not had the time! I am starting to love writing these chapters because this story is forming the way I want it to and that makes me so happy and proud! I will be working hard and hopefully get another chapter up tonight, for sure a few this weekend. Don't forget, I LOVE YOU GUYS! Let's think of a name for my readers (the active ones!) Anyone, to whoever read this FREAKING long a/n, comment if you're active!! love youuu