Chapter 5: Dinner

Claire's POV

We went and sat down at the table where a feast was served. I looked at the food and then to my mom. "Mom, what's with all the food? Are we celebrating something?" I asked, spooning some mashed potatoes on Kevin's plate. I could see my dad narrowing his eyes at this and I chose to ignore it.

"Nothing, just the fact that a guest is here. So, I want everyone to act accordingly. Okay?" Now that was the joy of having a mother. She just understood you in ways no one can. I winked at her and she blew me a kiss.

"Mom, I actually wanted to burn somebody today! I guess I'll do that another time." Angelo shrugged. Kevin was sweating in his eat, I could see it. If I didn't feel so sorry for him, I would've laughed.

"So, Kevin, are you single?" Trisha questioned. I almost choked and Kevin placed a hand behind me.

"It's just a question, unless you both have something to confess." Gabie smugly stated, her lipgloss infused lips pursed. I glared at her and cleared my throat.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I looked down at my food and Kevin laughed nervously. "We have nothing to hide, honest." He smiled at them. I swear if they were popsicles, they probably would have melted already.

"Besides, Trish. Even if he was, he doesn't like twats. So, you don't stand a chance." I stated raising an eyebrow.

"And what? He likes lesbians like you?" She bickered. My mom gave her warning glance as seeing me grip my fork tighter.

"I don't see him smiling with you. He doesn't even look at you." I stated crossing my arms at her. My dad cleared his throat, stopping her from what she was about to say.

"Okay! You know what? Let's just hang out together!" Angelo stated, trying to cool the table for once. We both ignored him and continued to stare at each other as if ready to pounce. She always gets to my nerves. It's like she wants to fight.

"Whatever, you're just jealous because I'm prettier than you!" She spat.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. How childish. My brain cells can't cope with shit like this, they come to a waste. "Wow. So full of yourself now, aren't you?" I bickered back. She rolled her eyes and was about to say something but no words came out.

Hah. Another point for Claire, can I get a little cheer?

"That's what I thought." I stated smirking in triumph. Kevin chuckled and so did my brothers, making me blush. I totally forgot everyone was listening to us. Holy shit. Kevin heard the entire thing. How embarrassing.

"I'm sorry about that Kevin, this table can get pretty rowdy at times. I hope you're enjoying the food well." My mom spoke calmly. Kevin nodded his head and wiped his mouth with a napkin. "I love it, thank you." He responded.

"And I love you, Kevin." Gabie sighed dreamily. Okay, first of all, gross. And I just had about enough of her slutty behavior. She's 16 for fucks sake.

"Don't you have better things to do? Like run in front of a damn bus?!" I spat at her, which earned a laugh at the other girls and a chuckle from my brothers. My mom looked at me warningly and dad just gave me a thumbs up. Wow, supportive dad over here.

Gabie rolled her eyes and I could see Kevin smiling from the corner of my eyes.

I think I did a great job today. Dinner was great!

REVISED

This one is just a little filler, just so you guys can observe Claire's family and her friendship with Kevin, it's a little short, but this wasnt really necessary too, I hope you understand :)