Chapter 3: Pigeons Poop

Claire's POV

Classes flew by quickly and by this time around, it's lunch. I silently cheered to myself and walked in our very noisy cafeteria. I sighed and sprinted towards table nine, our usual table, and there sat my other best friend, Chloe, with her boyfriend, Aivan.

Chloe is a cheer leader, the captain actually and her boyfriend is the football team's captain as well. I know, perfect couple. Chloe has big blue eyes and perfect blonde hair, she is in her cheer leading uniform and is snuggled in Aivan's arms.

Don't get this wrong, I wasn't popular. They were popular, sure. Not me. It just so happens that the three of us got along quite well during the time we were all in detention once. History was made after that.

She smiled and winked at me, making me roll my eyes and shook my head as I fished out the apple I packed before sitting down in front of them. I took a huge bite and they finally let go of each other and laughed at the face I was making them.

"So, how are you today, babe?!" Chloe shrieked. I shook my head once more at her very loud voice. It made my ears bleed sometimes. I'm not even kidding. She was always so hyper and sensitive, always needing and wanting attention. But not in a bad way.

"Boring, I almost passed the test Kevin told me to study about." I stated. "To which you never passed because you didn't study for it." Chloe shook her head at me. I shrugged and bit on my apple again.

Anyways, I was munching on my apple while listening to Chloe's story about how she got an A on her Math's test. Always the goody two shoes. I personally don't like studying. I sit right next to a genius and I'm good! I mean really? You're practically next to a genius? Why would you study anyways?

"Hey, people." Kevin came, sitting down next to me. He greeted us a bit grumpily.

"What's wrong Mr. Grumpy pants?" Aivan asked. I looked at him and he pouted, putting a paper in front of us. There was a big fat 'C' on it too.

"I got a C in my history quiz. Screw this school, they always give out surprise quizzes that I'm never prepared for." he whined munching on a sandwich. I rolled my eyes at him and grabbed his face so he was facing me.

"You are whining because of a C, I'm happy because I got a D on history, cheer up, you bozo." I laughed, turning to him, but he was already facing me. We we're inches apart, seconds from toughing our noses. Making me grow weary and jumpy.

What the heck? Why does my stomach feel like it just dropped? Why does my face feel hot? And my ears? They feel like they're burning.

Must be hormones.

Dang you teenage life.

"Now, now, we don't want the meat in your sandwich to run away now would we? So, cheer up!" I stated when I snapped out of this hormonic trance, patting his cheeks. Aivan and Chloe laughed at my little joke. "Or if there is meat..." Chloe mumbled. I laughed and nodded.

"Vegan!" We all yelled in a hush tone. "Shh...I am not..." Kevin mumbled biting on his sandwich again.

"Just admit it! You're vegan! You eat greek yogurt! It looks like pigeon poop! Yet you enjoy it!" Aivan exclaimed. I laughed and patted Kevin on his shoulders, kind of feeling sorry for him a little. Just by a tiny bit.

"Why do you bully me?" Kevin grumbled, making me laugh again.

It's true though, we're having a little difficulty on deciding whether Kevin is a vegetarian or something. Seriously, I never see him eat anything besides vegetables. I bet his sandwich is filled with salad dressing and lettuce. Gross.

We spent our lunch as normal as possible, but we can't do that if we are most likely, deranged. And much to our dismay, well to the others' dismay because we were cackling our minds off at a fallen french fry, the school bell rang and lunch time was over.

"Great, now let's get back to our pit hole of hell." Aivan mumbled quietly. We went our separate ways except for me and Kevin, our classrooms that are scheduled were just beside each other.

"So Ms. Crazy bum, what are you gonna do when you get home?" he asked flinging an arm around my shoulder. I shrugged and didn't answer him. I didn't really have plans today. Suddenly an idea clicked in my head which caused me to stop in my tracks, which made Kevin stop in his as well.

"What's wrong?" he asked worried.

"Can you sleep over tonight?" I blurted out. He stared at me in bewilderment. He sighed and shook his head at me. I pulled a confused face at him, waiting for an explanation.

"I don't know...I mean I have homework and..." he was going to continue but I cut him off.

"We'll do your homework at my place." I stated calmly.

"I'm sorry. Claire. It's just.." he groaned, raking his hair in his hand, pulling it slightly. I placed both hands on my hips as I stared at him.

"Just what?" I asked.

"I don't think your brothers like me that much. They scare the crap out of me. And spending the night there is kind of like suicide." He chuckled.

Yes, my brothers kind of hate him. We have been friends since we we're 3. But odd enough they never even warmed up to him, at all. Don't even know why. I just nodded and sighed, kind of feeling a bit down. I really missed playing with Kevin. We haven't had those nights again since we got busy with other stuff.

"I understand, don't worry about it." I shrugged. I started to walk away when he groaned. Here it comes...

"Fine, I'll go. But you're talking to mom."

I cheered and shot my arms up in the air, silently cheering. He ruffled my hair and we quickly walked to our respective classes. Lucky for me, the teacher wasn't there yet. This school is as shitty as the guys cheating on their girls.

*****

After classes, I ran outside and spotted Kevin with Aivan and Chloe leaning on the gates. I jogged towards them and jumped on Kevin's back, which he took by surprise, jerking forward a bit, but he carried me anyways.

"Hey." I greeted towards the two lovely, yet sickening sweet, couple. "Hi. And bye!" Chloe laughed as she started patting my cheek and walking away in Aivan's car. They waved goodbye to us and I looked at the boy below me.

"Onwards, good sir!" I yelled out in a funny voice, pointing forwards. He chuckled and started walking with me on his back. I was about to get down but he only held onto me tighter. I didn't mind, I was tired anyways. Kevin oddly smelled like chocolate perfume and deodorant. And...strawberry?

"Kev? Are you gay?" I asked. He almost choked.

"No! Oh God, where did you get that idea from, Claire?!" he stammered. I shrugged. "Then why do you smell like strawberry?" I asked.

"I use strawberry scented fabric conditioner, why?"

What? What did he say? Fabric what?

"Wha-"

"Shut up and don't say shit about it."

REVISED