Pulling myself out of my thoughts I walked back into the living room, sitting next to Isabella as she watched cartoons on the couch. "Hey sweetheart, I know that you must be very tired, would you like to go to sleep in mommy's spare bedroom?" I asked, running my fingers over her soft cheek as I watched her smile and nod gratefully. I grinned and picked her up, feeling her head relax on my shoulder as I carried her into the spare room, pulling the covers back before laying her down. I smiled as I looked down at my beautiful girl, still in denial that she was actually with me, and would be for the rest of our lives together. 

"Can you sing me a song?" She asked quietly, pulling the covers up all the way to her chin as I giggled at how cute she was. I sat there and thought about all of the Italian songs that I had sung to her when she was an infant, running my fingers over her cheek as I began to sing, watching her eyes grow wide with realization. "I remember you singing to me when I was little, I remember it!" She exclaimed as I felt tears fill my eyes, feeling her little arms wrap around my neck to hug me tightly. I smiled and kissed her forehead before standing, staring down at her little body. "Go to sleep, honey" I said as I started towards the door. "I love you mommy" I stopped in my tracks as I turned to look at her, not being able to hide my smile. "I love you too sweetheart, sleep well" I said before closing the door behind me, heading back towards the kitchen. 

I couldn't help but stare at Devan's ass as she bent to look into my fridge, pulling out chicken and pasta. "Are you making yourself something to eat using my food?" I asked, watching her shoot up and look at me. "I didn't even hear you come in here." She stated as I chuckled, leaning against the counter as she began to cook. I was surprised when she suddenly turned from the cooking chicken, pressing her body against mine to trap me against the counter. "Devan what the hell do you think you're doing? I thought you were done with this shit." I growled, trying to push her back to no avail. I heard her chuckle and back away, turning back to the chicken. 

"I just wanted to see how you felt about me, I saw it in your eyes." She stated, not turning her head to look at me as I shook my head and rolled my eyes with annoyance. "Food's ready." She said and grabbed plates, setting them on the table full of food. I sat down as Devan came back with water, not yet sitting down across from me. I looked up to find her staring at me before she lifted up my chin gently, feeling her soft lips hit mine. 

To say that I was stunned was an understatement. I couldn't believe that she had gotten the nerve to kiss me. What the actual hell did she think that she would gain from this?! 

I realized that I started to kiss her back when I felt her other hand cup my cheek to hold my head still, biting my lip softly. I finally got the nerve to push her away, catching my breath as I watched her look at me with surprise. "A woman has never pushed me away when I kissed them like that." She stated with a chuckle, sitting across from me. "Well I'm not just an ordinary woman." I shot back, starting to eat the food silently. 

After what felt like years of silence, I got up and took my empty plate to the sink, hearing Devan's footsteps follow behind me. I felt her body press against my backside as I began to wash the dishes, sighing at yet another failed advance. I turned and felt her body press against me again, her hands running up my arms slowly. 

For some reason I felt shivers run up my spine as I looked into her eyes, feeling her fingers unbutton my shirt slowly. "Devan you need to stop, now." I stated as I tried to bring myself to push her body away from me, not being able to. "Just give in to me for one night Amelia, I know that you want to." She whispered as she spread open my shirt, running her fingers over my bra slowly. I started to weigh my options, my mind starting to cloud over with lust, trying desperately to fight it off before I did something crazy. 

The battle was short lived as I quickly grabbed her by the collar of her shirt, crushing her lips onto mine, a moan escaping my lips. I had no clue what I was doing, never in a million years would I have thought that I would willingly kiss the criminal that I had hunted for five years like I was in love with her, and had been for years. But that was just it, she was a criminal, I knew it better than anyone else did; even though I knew her sinister crimes, I was kissing her. This kiss felt so much different from all of the other kisses that I had shared with her, it was passionate, desperate even. 

I felt Devan grab the back of my neck, pushing her tongue into my mouth as I felt her hand wander onto my breast, playing with it gently as I tried to win dominance over the kiss. Her arms picking me up and carrying me into my bedroom as I shut my eyes, making the decision that I was going to carry through with this. 

She laid me onto the bed gently as I looked up at her, a soft and inviting smile on her face as she slid her shirt off and tossed it onto the floor. "Are you sure that this is okay?" She asked as I smiled and nodded, feeling her straddle my hips and pin my arms onto the bed, showering my neck with kisses, causing me to moan softly. I couldn't believe that I was actually doing this and that she was being so gentle with me, that is also something that scared me in a way. She was being too gentle, like she had wanted to do this for awhile, and was nervous to rush it. Either way, I was letting her, hell I wanted her to, and I knew that we both couldn't stop now. 

**

I awoke to the sound of tapping on my door, opening my eyes to see Devan's sleeping form next to me, still naked underneath the covers. I quietly got up, putting on some clothes before opening my door to find Isabella staring up at me. "What is it sweetheart, are you hungry?" I asked, seeing her nod her head quickly. Giggling at how cute my little girl was, I made my way into the kitchen, making my daughter breakfast as she watched cartoons. 

For a second I completely forgot that there was a criminal still fast asleep in my bed, and that I had slept with her the night before. But god damn, she was such a good lover. I was pulled from my thoughts by Devan kissing behind my ear, causing me to jump. 

"Have you decided what you're going to do?" She asked as I nodded and sighed, setting the plate of food down for my daughter, staring at Devan from across the table. "I'm giving you 30 minutes to get as far away from me as possible. If I never find you again, so be it, but if I do, then you confess and this will all be over, deal?" I asked, watching her evil smirk return with a nod. "Even if you had hundreds of search dogs, you'll never find me again." She said, and with that she picked up her bag, and walked out the door. 

Let the hunt begin.