Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

Chapter 3

I cleared my throat and shifted my weight from one foot to the other

"My... My name's Saga," I said with a shaky voice. "And... And I thought I'd clear something up... For everybody."

I looked up and met the looks of hundreds of people. We were all gathered in the hangar, the highest point in the bunker and the only room big enough for all of us.

"We're at war. A war I started. Or well... A war Eri and I started." I started telling the story as best as I could. My voice grew stronger and stronger, the further I got in the story. I started from the beginning. The very beginning.

I told them how I had met Hiromi, and how I was already eating souls before I met her. How she changed me and how I ended up stealing the recipe for immortality for her. I told them about Big Daddy imprisoning her and forcing me back to guiding souls. How I would eat them all instead of guiding them back to Paradise. And then how I destroyed a large portion of Asia and freeing a lot of halfs from Purgatory. I told them about how I met Seth, but how that was a set-up too. I told them everything, and I felt completely drained after.

"There is nothing Eri wants more in this world than for everybody to submit to him completely. We're all here, because we don't want that." I ended my speech and stood in front of them feeling naked. I might as well have been. I didn't tell them about the part where I tried to off myself, or where I moved back into Eri's house completely letting him take over my life again.

And nobody was saying anything. It was dead quiet.

"Questions?" I asked, unsure of what to say next.

"Is he still in your head?" somebody from the back yelled.

"Yes, but the ward Eyrie and Ado made keeps him from taking over. We can talk to each other, but I am in control of the connection," I replied glancing down at Ado for backup. He just shrugged and flashed a wry grin. He was loving seeing me squirming on stage. "I am not a threat to you. If that's was what you were wondering about."

"What are our chances of actually winning?" a dark haired, tall woman asked.

"Good. We have pretty much all the angels. When we find them and a lot of the younger gods."

"And we have you," Gareth said from the front row.

"Yeah..." I said and bit down on my lip. I looked back at the gathering.

"What do you hope to gain out of this?" the dark haired one asked again.

"Honestly?" I asked. She nodded. "I just want to be left alone."

"Then who's going to take charge of Paradise after Eri?" somebody else yelled out.

"It sure as hell ain't gonna be me," I said and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Then who?"

"I don't really care." I threw my arms out to the sides. "I am just here to put an end Eri's terror, and then I am out."