Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

Chapter 2

I walked down a corridor I hadn't walked down before

I walked down a corridor I hadn't walked down before. I enjoyed walking around, trying to memorise the bunker. It was massive and Silva kept expanding it, so there was a lot to check out.

"... But seriously though, what is up with the food?"

I stopped.

"I mean, yeah we're in the middle of a war, but do we have to eat like pigs?" a girl said followed by laughter.

"Okay, who would you go for. Rob, Ado or Saga?" somebody interrupted.

Oh, I was so going to hear that answer. I turned invisible and stepped around the corner. A group of kids were sitting in what appeared to be a hang-out room, fully furnished with couches and a TV.

"Well, Rob is kind of cute," a blonde, white-skinned girl said and tossed her long hair over her shoulder.

"I think there is something brutishly handsome about Ado," another girl said and looked down at her nails.

There were five of them, sitting on the couches, each with their own beer bottle. Two guys and three chicks. I relaxed against the wall just around the corner, finally getting more entertainment than I had for at least a month.

"I don't think I would touch Saga with a ten-foot pole, though," the blonde said.

Ouch.

"Why?" a dark-skinned guy asked.

"Uh, I like living? And isn't he like totally gay for that Mexican angel?"

"Not all the time," the other guy said and smirked. "He's a total gender bender. Didn't you know that?"

"What do you mean?" the second girl asked and looked up from her nails.

"Yeah, he changes all the time. Like, he can change how he looks, and he changes his gender all the time. I hear he gets sick if he doesn't change," he said and leaned back.

I think I would have liked him, if he didn't look so much like an asshole. Blond hair, fair skin, looked like the popular kid from a bad high school film. But he was hot, and he knew that. Which annoyed me to no end.

"That is so weird."

"It's gotta be even weirder dating him... Her... That."

"How did they even meet? Like, I've heard they've been together for years."

"Don't know," the dark-skinned boy said. "But I'd totally fuck the girl version."

"Yeah? Just think about it changing to a dude during. All of a sudden your balls deep in another dude," the asshole said and earned a round of laughter.

It wasn't like I hadn't gotten used to people being confused by the gender thing. I got it, it was weird to some. I just hadn't really considered it would be that much of a discussion topic for a bunch of kids.