Chapter 7 - Conversations with myself

Start from the beginning

"Caden you need to let me go." I told him while peering into his wondrous but still slightly worried green eyes.

"I will not allow you to do that ever again. Waiting for you was pure torture." He said fiercely and I frowned at his words.

"I'm sorry I worried you but you can't really stop me. If I have something that needs doing, then I'm going to bloody well do it." I replied only to see a flash of anger cross his eyes

“No I forbid it.” He told me forcefully to which my anger snapped to life.

“You are not my father so you don’t get to forbid me to do anything.” I yelled furiously as I pushed out of his hold and walked over to where the paper was strewn across the table “Well thank the Goddess for that, it wasn’t a wasted trip.” I muttered.

The front of the paper showed the new pact with the trolls instead of me and I sighed with relief. I turned back to see both the guys looking at me strangely.

“What?” I asked but all they did was point behind me.

I rolled my eyes and turned around abruptly. She stood there looking wryly at me, her frizzy hair pulled back from her face and her brown eyes timidly smiling at me. All I could think was that I would still look pretty good when I was older. Ugh what a lame thing to think. I tilted my head wondering what she needed and I hoped so much that she was alright,

“Are you okay?” I asked her and she nodded at me.

“We just need to have a chat that’s all, but preferably without the audience.” She pointed and waved at the two guys looking shell shocked at her

“Alright c’mon and we’ll walk outside the tower.”

She followed me down the stairs. I saw her looking at the murals and wincing at each picture of the Goddess. Wonder what that was about? We stood in the grassy meadow and she paced away from me anxiously making me instantly worried. I only paced when I found it hard to organise my thoughts.

“How old are you Charlie?” She asked me as she turned back to face me.

“15.1, why?” I asked curiously.

“And you only just arrived at the tower right?”

“Ah yep.”

“Maybe that’s the problem.” She muttered to herself as she paced away “Tell me has Markus tried to harm you in anyway?”

“Well not really only because of the fireball thing and telling him to lock Caden in the tower.” The look of instant relief on her face only confused me even more. I opened my mouth to ask only to be interrupted by her finger poised in the air.

“You and I have lived very different lives.” She told me seriously.