Chapter 9

Reader's discretion is advised ;) Don't read the end if you aren't comfortable LOL.

Zayn's POV

I took one last glance of myself before I picked up Evelyn for dinner. Nerves are taking it's toll on me as I stand in front of my mirror, adjusting the collar of my navy blue button up.

"You'll be fine," Liam's voice startled me.

"Dude! How did you even get in?" I looked at him confused. I made sure my front door was locked. I always do.

"Key under the door mat, duh," Liam retorted and I sighed, sitting on the edge of my bed and slipping on my black doc martins and tying the laces.

"Lookin' fresh as usual eh?" he wiggled his eyebrows at me, looking at my body which made me uncomfortable.

"Okay, can you not look at me like that..." I pleaded, looking at an amused Liam.

"Sorry mate."

I chuckled. "Well, I'm going to go... lock the door on your way out," I said, grabbing my keys on the couch from where I previously left it.

"Have fun! But not too much if you know what I mean," Liam teased, earning a glare from me. I waved off his comment and left my condo.

I parked, making my way up to Evelyn's. I knocked lightly on the door and waited a few seconds before Evelyn swung it open, revealing herself. She looked stunning in a simple floral dress, white blazer and wedges. I never really noticed how long her legs were until I saw her in this dress and it's making me go insane.

"You look beautiful," I complimented, leading her to my car and opening up the door for her just like every guy should do for a women.

"You're not too bad yourself," she commented and I smiled, letting her in the car and closing it. Quickly making myself to the drivers seat, I hopped in and started the car.

"I hope you like The Cheesecake Factory," I said.

"I love that place," she replied, giving me a quick smile.

~

Dinner was quite fun. Evelyn and I talked about mostly everything. I wanted to ask about the incident at the bonfire yesterday but I didn't want to bug into her business and I didn't want to ruin an amazing time with her.

After paying, we left the restaurant and I drove us to the waterfront. The summer breeze at night felt so good. We stood on the boardwalk and watched the ferry cross the waters slowly. To the right of us was the Ferris wheel. I've never actually been on it ever since it was built and that was 2 years ago.

"Hey," I said, breaking Evelyn away from gaze out at the ocean. "Do you want to go on?" I pointed to the Ferris wheel and a smile formed on her lips and she nodded.

"I've never been on it."

"That makes the two of us then," I chuckled.

"I wanted to bring Ella on it but she refuses to go up that high." Evelyn giggled, shaking her head.

We got in the in and a few seconds later, we were slowly going up. The view from the top was absolutely amazing, especially how the moon reflected on the water. I studied Evelyn's face the whole time watching that smile that never faded ever since I met her.

"That was fun," Evelyn said as soon as we got off. "This whole night was fun actually. Thank you so much for this Zayn. I had an amazing time," she smiled genuinely as we walked back to where we were before we boarded the Ferris wheel.

"I had an amazing night spending it with you," I said and she looked at me softly, her eyes glowing.

I stood there, looking out at the water just like her. Even though it's just the ocean, it's a pretty site to look at. I want to do something that I've always wanted to do. But the nerves are taking over me and I don't know if I can do it.