Chapter 12: Small time in the Car

Twice, thrice, maybe multiple times did a call or text from Lauren's mystery person interrupted Camila's time with the architect. It's already getting on her nerves, but she has to be patient. Lauren's not hers, but she will and that's a promise for her.

"Stop." Normani whispered to her out of nowhere, making Camila jump in surprise.

"What?" She asked clearly annoyed, eyes still on Lauren from afar who's talking someone on the phone. It's their field time and it's been 'their' time. But since that annoying mystery person came into the scene, it's been difficult for her to keep a hold of Lauren.

"Staring. You've been staring like a creep. No wonder you two like each other." Camila shifted her gaze to the architect with a questioning look. "You both like staring from afar like you're the one most important thing in the world." She elaborated, making Camila smile stupidly.

Camila grabbed Normani by the arm to the isolated corner of the project site. Normani raised her brow in question, but allowed the intern to drag her nonetheless.

"You notice something different to Lauren?" She asked. Normani furrowed her brows, still not getting Camila's point. "I mean, she's been very busy with her phone lately."

Normani wanted to laugh, but she remembered what Lauren told her. She wanted to tell Camila about Lauren's situation with Ariana and Chris, but she knows she's not in the position to spill it.

"I don't know. Maybe about work?" She decided to divert Camila's thoughts. The intern took a glance at her supervisor before talking to Normani again.

"That's probably not about work. Look." She pointed to Lauren who looks like giggling while talking on the phone. "No one should be plastering a stupid grin like that if it's work." She said like it should be a common sense, crossing her arms.

"Oh, someone's getting jealous." Normani teased her who really looks like a fuming girlfriend. Just that, she isn't the girlfriend YET.

Camila glared at her and groaned in her spot. She shouldn't be acting like this. She has no right to act like it, but she can't help but get irritated seeing Lauren all giggly while talking to someone else. Camila Cabello is a territorial bitch that doesn't want to share what's hers. But is Lauren hers? She doesn't really know.

"You think it's someone Lauren is seeing? Maybe a suitor or someone she tries to get?" Normani added the fire to Camila's fuming jealousness. The girl likes to test the waters and it seems like the one she's testing is on her last straw already.

Camila started to march towards Lauren to confront her but was soon stopped by Normani's grip on her wrist.

"Chill girl." Normani chuckled, feeling very satisfied witnessing how Camila could be when she's jealous. "To be honest, you don't have to get jealous." She assured her, but Camila's thoughts are now already everywhere.

"Ahhh, I really don't know what to think anymore." She groaned, feeling defeated. "I'll just wait in the car." She dismissed herself, very exhausted already with the thought keep coming back and forth to her mind. She just wanted to go home and get away from Lauren from now.

"Your girl is fuming in jealousy right now and if I were you, I'll try to lessen my phone calls or texts when she's around." Normani said to her friend as she approached Lauren.

"What are you talking about?" Lauren looked at her in confusion. Normani gave her a smirk and pointed the car where Camila is in.

"What did you do now Kordei?" She warned, taking all their things.

"What? It's been bothering her that you're taking your time talking to somebody else instead of her. I wanted to tell her about it but you said don't, so she probably is thinking you're interested to someone." Lauren rolled her eyes, knowing exactly what her friend tries to tell her.

"You're not coming?" Lauren waited for Normani before going to her car.

"Nope. I don't want to witness your make up make out session." She joked, earning a groan from Lauren. "I'll see you in the apartment though." She dismissed herself.

Lauren didn't insisted anymore and waved goodbye to her friend. She went to her car only to see Camila already asleep in the passenger seat, and still with her hard hat. She must have struggled in undoing it again. Lauren can't help but smile at Camila's current situation.

After settling the things in the back, she went to the driver's seat. She glanced to her intern and shook her head in amusement before carefully scooting forward to undo the belt of the hat.

She was successful to undo it without waking up Camila, the girl must have been really tired to not notice.

But when Lauren attempted to get back to her seat, Camila suddenly moved and threw her arms around her, eyes still closed. Probably still asleep.

"Camila." She called softly but the intern only tightened her hold, making Lauren smile stupidly as she felt tickles in her insides again. Being this close to Camila sent shiver to her whole body.

Lauren let Camila hug her for a while, taking in her sweet scent. With the intern's arms around her neck, Camila's head is now snuggling on the crook of her neck. Lauren smiled and brushed her hair softly.

On the other hand, Camila is happily enjoying her current position. She was already woken up when Lauren tried to undo her hard hat but then decided to pretend to be still sleeping, so she could take advantage of the situation. If Lauren can't have a time with her, she will make the time for them. And she's definitely liking it.

As Lauren softly brush her hair, Camila can't help but put a small smile on her face. With a smirk on her face, she slowly, lightly and dangerously brush her lips on the architect's neck.

And as much as Lauren wanted to contain the weird tickles on her insides, the loud thump of her heartbeat gave it a way for Camila to scoot even more, knowing exactly how it affected Lauren.

If Lauren's mystery person in the phone can make her all giggly, that person can't make Lauren go crazy the way she does.

And Lauren's definitely not complaining.

They stayed like it for a while, but all good things must come to an end of course. Because of course, of all times, Lauren's phone decided to ring again.