Silence descended on us as I fidgeted under his accusing gaze.

Yuzuru sighed, shook his head, and then headed towards the kitchen.

"Yuzu." I was filled with guilt.

I messed up. Big time.

"Yuzuru." I followed behind him, wringing my hands together nervously.

Inside the kitchen, the sight of different dishes laid out on the table further increased my guilt.

Back when we were teens, Yuzuru was utterly helpless when it comes to the kitchen. He basically only knew how to eat and wash the dishes. It goes without saying that I was the designated cook in the family.

Over the years though, he gradually learned to cook the dishes I made. He even took the initiative to try out new recipes found in cookbooks or in the net.

Yuzuru strode over the counters and collected the utensils he used when he cooked earlier before going over to the sink. He continued to wash them, all the while ignoring my presence. Whenever he was upset with me, he would always use the silent treatment. He's not the one who would yell out in anger or act in an aggressive manner. He's not like that.

Once, he told me that the problems we encountered or would encounter in the future... we must find a solution to it. No matter how small that solution was, even if it's small like a pinpoint, we would find it.

That was why he preferred to be silent when he's upset. Yuzuru didn't want to let his emotions rule him to the point that he would say something unnecessary and untrue. Normally, at times like this, we would just stay away for a few hours before coming stumbling back to each other to discuss our problems.

Keyword on a few hours. We preferred not to let our disagreements last for a whole day. That would just be too tiring for the both of us.

We learned that the hard way back when we were kids.

I hesitated for a moment before I cautiously went over to him.

"Yuzu," I mumbled, clutching a small portion of his black sweater on his back.

While I was kicking myself for causing trouble again, I closed my eyes for a moment so I didn't see the silent laughter spreading across his face before he tried to compose himself again.

"Sorry," I mumbled again, letting my forehead rest on the middle of his back.

I was tiny compared to him. Surprisingly, he had another growth spurt during his early 20's and now he stands at 5'10'' compared to my 5'3'' form. I could only reach the level of his chin.

I wrapped my arms snugly around his chest and closed my eyes.

Only a few seconds had passed before I heard him close the faucet and felt his body move as he seemingly dried his hands. His cool hands covered my own before entangling them away from him.

He turned around to face me whilst I looked up at him with downcast eyes.

"You really don't know what day it is?"

I shook my head timidly.

"It was the first time we met," Yuzuru revealed, a hint of amusement rising in his eyes.

Flabbergasted, the situation began to dawn on my face.

"You!" I swatted his arm before turning away, greatly annoyed.

I heard that dorky laugh of his behind my back as I stalked away scowling.

"Era. Wait." He tried to stifle his laughter as he caught up to me and held me in his embrace with my back against his chest. I tried to struggle away from him but he held me in place.