Puppy Dog Part II |Inu Prompto x Reader|

Start from the beginning

So far the drive has been silent, strangely enough. I guess with Prompto so nervous, he hasn't wanted to start any conversations. Making this drive really awkward and boring.

Bored out of my mind, I pull out my phone and start watching (favorite show) to pass the time.

"Whatcha watchin'?" Noctis asks, leaning over to see my screen.

"Oh, just (favorite show)."

"Just (favorite show)? Isn't that the show you're always talking about?" Gladio taunts, smirking.

"Not always, just most of the time." I reply, a bit embarrassed.

'Do I talk about it that much? I mean, it is the best show ever but...'

"So who's your favorite character?" Noctis asks, attempting to start a conversation.

"My favorite character is definitely-"

"Does your show have dogs in it?" Prompto shouts out suddenly, cutting me off.

I huff out in annoyance before pausing my show.

"(Yes/no) Prompto. It (has/doesn't have) dogs."

"Why are you so into dogs lately?" Noctis asks.

"I'm not! I was just curious!"

"Tell me the truth, did you adopt a dog? I won't be as angry as I will be if you tell me now." Noctis questions, slightly aggravated.

"Of course not! I would never do that without asking!" Prompto says in a high pitched voice, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

'Prompto! We did not adopt a dog. But with the way you're acting they are going to think you did! Why can't he just not say anything?'

"Really, 'cause it seems like you did." Gladio retorts, crossing his arms.

"We didn't!"

"Really? Ok, let's ask (Y/n)."

'Yeah bring me into this. Perfect.'

"Did you or Prompto adopt a dog (Y/n)?" Ignis asks politely.

"No we didn't." I say angrily.

"If you say so," Noctis replies, turning away.

"Oh so you believe her?" Prompto asks.

"Well yeah. Why wouldn't I trust (n/n)?" Noctis replies cooly.

Prompto gasps in mock hurt before placing a hand on his heart, slumping in his seat.

***

Several hours later and it's still the same thing. I start a conversation and Prompto somehow switches the topic to dogs, to the point where I'm not the only one annoyed with him.

"It is getting rather late, should we try to find a campsite?" Ignis asks.

"Yeah, sure." Noctis replies.