|Chapter 6|

*TAYLOR'S POV*
Since i now know that i'm officially not over Carly, the love of my life, i don't know what i'm going to do with Maddie. I thought for a while in my truck, and decided to text Shawn. It was 4:30am and i was still parked near 5th and 6th Northbound, my cheeks still damp from the tears.

When i unlocked my phone i saw i had 56 missed calls from Maddie and 148 texts. Some were from Maddie (most of them) but two were from Shawn, one even from Alyssa. I sighed and closed my eyes, another tear escaping my eye. I called Shawn, rather than texted, and he picked up on the first ring.

"Hello?! Tay?" He asked obviously elated to finally hear from me.

"Hey Shawn. Um... can we talk?" I asked clearing my throat. I wiped a tear and remembered that he had to be alone for this conversation to happen.

"Yeah, of course. Where have you been?" He asked worried.

"It doesn't matter right now, i'll explain later. Meet me at the diner by the hotel and please come alone?" I half asked half demanded.

"Okay... sure. See you then." He responded, hesitantly. I trusted Shawn with my life, but i wasn't sure if Maddie would come anyway. She's very stubborn and strict when it comes to keeping secrets. Hopefully i can trust Shawn, and he comes alone as requested.

I drove in a peaceful silence to the diner nearest to our hotel, and waited outside for him. This specific diner was closed at the moment, but we could talk on the curb or just outside of the entrance, which was good enough for me. I honestly just needed to tell someone about how i'm feeling. I don't know how he will react, and i don't know what he'll say, but i know it'll be wise, because Shawn and Alyssa have been in a relationship for almost three years now, and they're perfect for each other. I could just really use some great advice right now, which i know i can always depend on Shawn for. He's been my best friend since MagCon, and i really love him.

In ten minutes or so, i watched Shawn's car pull up beside mine, and climb out of the driver's seat. He swiftly jogged over to the step i was sitting on, and stood over me.

"Hey." He started, with a straight face. I squinted my eyes at the lamppost to the right of him, terrorizing my view.

"Hey." I responded softly, patting the space next to me for him to sit.

"So... what's up? Why are you all the way out here at 4:40am?" He laughed at the last part, because it truly was so ridiculous. I closed my eyes and thought.

"Well. I talked to Mads today, about Car, and i really think... i don't know what to think. I just need your advice and some kind of moral support, honestly." I stated covering my face with the palms of my both hands. A few tears slipped past my eyelids, but i wiped them away before Shawn could see.

"Okay, of course. Taylor, i'll always be here for you. So, can you tell me what's going on?" He responded, wrapping an arm around my shoulders reassuringly. I nodded, and picked my head up from my hands. I stared at my feet as i spoke.

"Maddie told me that she didn't like how all of the original MagCon fans still comment about Carly. She asked me why they would if they knew i moved on. And then she asked me if i was over her, and saying yes broke my heart. Shawn, i know she's g-gone, but i think i'm still in love with her. Or maybe it's just the memories i'm in love with, or the thought of her. I really don't know. All i know is i now realize i'm still not ready to move on. At the same time, i love Maddie, too. I just don't think it's fair to love her and pretend that i'm over Carly when it's all a one, huge lie. Are you keeping up? Am i making any sense?" I shook my head at the last few sentences, and finally looked up for a reaction from Shawn. He was just biting his bottom lip and nodding.

"I can't say i'm surprised." He said, simply. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What?" I asked in confusion. What was he talking about?

"Taylor, i know Maddie's oblivious to the fact that you're not over Carly, but Alyssa and i see right through it. We saw how well you and Car bonded and clicked. Looking at how hard you're trying to do the same thing with Maddie is kind of pathetic. Most of the original fans see it, too." He informed me, shrugging.

"Is it really so obvious?" I asked, cringing. If it was, i was ashamed. I wish i didn't have to pretend. I wish i could have moved on from Carly when i met Mads. I wish Carly was still with us, to be honest. I really just wish everything was back to the way it was before Carly, Alyssa, and Mo got into the accident on 5th and 6th North Bound.

"Unfortunately, yes. It's sad for us to watch Maddie being sucked in and not realize that there's something wrong." Shawn spoke, honestly. I shook my head and mumbled oh my god. I hate that it has to be this way.

"So what should i do. I'm in love with Carly, but she's dead. And i'm with Maddie. Shawn, please help me." I begged, running my fingers through my unbrushed hair.

"First, you should talk to Maddie. Really tell her how you feel, and find out what she wants to do. And then, we'll go from there." Shawn advised me, sending me a soft smile. I rubbed my tired eyes and agreed with his preposition. We got up and drove our cars back to the hotel together, and in the morning, i would talk to Maddie about everything going on.

THE NEXT MORNING

By the time Shawn and i got home last night, it was 5:00am. I passed out on the couch, while Shawn went upstairs into his and Alyssa's room to sleep beside her. I woke up to the sound of a very familiar voice, and warm hands that were shaking me awake.

"Taylor... TAYLOR!" She giggled, shaking me relentlessly. I smiled softly and opened one eye. Maddie's beautiful face was staring back at me, a huge smile plastered across it. I smiled wider and she pecked me on the lips before standing up straight.

"C'mon Caniff! We got places to be." She stated, tightening her high ponytail.

"Where are we going?" I asked yawning.

"Lunch with Shawn and Alyssa." She responded tilting her head at me.

"Lunch?! What time is it?" I questioned yet again, furrowing my eyebrows in utter confusion.

"It's 1:00 in the afternoon, Tay. You slept in, to say the least." She chuckled at my sleep deprivation from the night before and i grinned, flinging my legs over the couch, stretching my muscles. Today was going to be a long day. I didn't know when i'd have time to talk to Mads about what Shawn and i discussed last night. Maybe after lunch, but i really hope it's soon. I don't want to seem as though i'm leading her on, because that's a really jerky move. I don't know what today is going to be like, but i just want Maddie to understand and i want us to stay friends.