|Chapter 2|

*Maddie's POV*
Hi everyone. I'm new here... wasss good?! Hah, just kidding. Since everyone wants to know how Taylor and I met, I'll tell you the whole story now... enjoy!! (It's not the cutest way to meet the love of your life, but still pretty cute..!)

*ONE YEAR AGO*
"Mads! Mads! Mads, wake up! We gotta get going, or we're gonna be late!" Marcus, my older twin brother (by two minutes!!) yelled shaking my shoulders in the hopes of awakening me. My eyes fluttered open and i rolled them, yawning. My best friend and i stayed out late last night and i fell asleep at 4:30am. Right now, it was around 8:00am, so i didn't get much sleep as you can tell. I had the worst headache ever, due to a rough hangover. Yeah we were underage (both 19 years old) but we had fake ID's and could usually pass for 21 year olds. (A/N: don't come 4 me 4 this, lol, i'm not encouraging it! It's just the storyline)

My best friend's name is Carter. She's absolutely hilarious, gorgeous, and all around amazing. She has a heart of gold and is one of the smartest people i know, too. All of her qualities make her into the best friend i could ever ask for and i'm so very happy she's stuck with my annoying self for so long! My brother has a huge crush on her, but he refuses to admit it. I don't know how she feels, but i totally ship it.

Anyway, Marcus ripped my covers off of my bed and pulled me onto the ground.

"I suggest you get ready now, Maddie. We're leaving in twenty minutes whether you're ready or not." He slammed the door behind him and i heard his footsteps go down the stairs. I groaned and got up to get ready for the day, as requested by my annoying twin.

If you were wondering, today, my best friend and i are going to a Shawn Mendes concert! Since Marcus has connections (don't ask me what kind because i don't know) he got us backstage VIP passes! Which is really exciting considering Carter and i are super fans of Shawn. He's actually the perfect human being. I know he has a girlfriend (sorry Alyssa!) but Carter and i will always be madly in love with him and everything he does. Marcus was our ride there since he had to go and meet up with his friends (connections) anyway.

Almost forgetting what today was, i threw on a cute concert outfit. Then i washed my face, brushed my teeth, and straightened my black hair. After i was all ready, i slipped into black converse and walked over to my phone, where it was charging. I got a text from Carter saying:

OMG I LITERALLY CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE LOML IRL I'M GONNA FAINT OMG😭😍

I responded calmly, trying to relax my fangirling best friend. I laughed at her and unplugged my phone that was at 100%. I then placed my phone into my back pocket and walked downstairs to eat. Carter was on her way, and when she got here we would begin our journey to the best day of our lives.

We got to the concert, and there were an infinite amount of people (mostly girls) lined up to get inside the stadium. They were all screaming and taking pictures, so Carter and i decided to be the cool mature adults who  pretended like they knew what they were doing. In reality, we were freaking out internally and following Marcus to his friend's location. We got through security easily and, within minutes, were standing in front of Marcus' friend. He introduced himself and we shook hands with him, smiling. His name was Jimmy Larson and apparently he was a big deal around here. Jimmy led us to an empty room and told us to wait there until Carly Newman walked in. From there, she'd take us backstage to watch Shawn's (almost) every move and then, afterwards, meet him personally. I didn't know a meet and greet was 100% guaranteed, so i got super excited to meet Shawn along with Carter.