Chapter 11- I know that I'm good

I love this cover by @ellysmithy

My heart is steady, not beating fast or slow

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

My heart is steady, not beating fast or slow. Just normal. I'm not exactly sure what happened yesterday, all I can remember is Tim and Malakai having a conversation then my head started hurting and everything started hurting. It all began to become dizzy, then it went black. But what cause that to happen? Then I woke up and spoke to my mum, everything from yesterday is a blur.

Did I eat something wrong? Was I stressed out? I can't fathom a reason as to why I passed out. Now, I can't seem to open my eyes. It's as if they're glued shut. I'm trying to open them but my body just doesn't want me to. I have a feeling that this has been a long sleep. What I'm most freaked out about is that someone knows my full name? I'm questioning why my mother got so panicked over someone finding this information out. What's there to panic about?

"Wake up!!!" This time, I don't jolt awake like I usually do in shock from my best friend shouting in my ear. I think I've gotten so used to it that my body just knows I'm not in any sort of danger. Or do you consider your best friend waking you dangerous? Maybe waking up is dangerous!

I'm about to open my mouth and have a go at her or something, but then I remember yesterday. I remember that she wasn't there when I needed her, that she hasn't been there for me a lot lately. Maybe I sound dramatic, but naturally I'm a dramatic person. But you know the feeling when you just really need your best friend but they aren't there? That's how I feel. Bryn has just been with Tim. Of course because he's her mate, they are making time for each other and are practically each others number one priority. But there still has to be time for your best friend! So I don't say a thing.

"Lena?!" She stares wide eyed at me. "What'd I do? Why are you ignoring me?" She asks with a puzzled face. She should have figured that out by now.

Someone knocks on the door and Bryn decides to say 'come in' even though it's my room! Timothy walks in, with a pair of  washed blue jeans and a tight black t-shirt. It looks like he's just gotten out of the shower as his normally lighter hair is a tad bit darker. No wonder why she said come in without my permission.... it's Tim.

He grins at me and I'm about to smile back, when I remember that he's the reason why Bryn hasn't been spending much time with me anymore. Childish, I know. But I don't really care.

Tim frowns and looks to Bryn for guidance, Bryn just shrugs not knowing what's going on either. "What's up with you? Are you okay?" Timothy asks me, looking down at me in worry. It's probably like six in the morning and she woke me, I most likely look like I woke up from a thousands years of sleep and the bags under my eyes might resemble the bruise on my arm when I was fifteen from Zachariah. It's not a good morning. Plus, I'm not in a good mood as you can tell. "Malakai!" Tim shouts. I don't react, that would just please them. Even though internally, I'm screaming and swearing at him to not call for him.