Target # 2 - Clichés

WARNING: If you are very sensitive and emotional, I forbid you to even read this rant. This is our personal opinion so if you can't even accept it, then I suggest you shut up and leave the page now.

But if you are a very curious fellow, then be my guest *winks* 

AGENT A WITH THE RANTING GUN SPEAKS. . .

*Clichés*

Okay. You just gotta love this target.I mean, who doesn't? Isn't it a common thing to us all wattpadders to search around for good books and find ourselves -much to our horror- opening a book just to find out later on the story plot is already overused and cliché?

Don't you just love that? (Yes, note my dripping sarcasm) 

Well, if you haven't experienced this yet, guess what? You're very lucky and your life is about to change if you even dare try to click on that thing called Discover.

*Genres*

Alright, fellows. Let's decide which genre contains most of the cliche plots and overused concepts. 

Drum rolls, please. 

DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN. . .

*clears throat* 

And the winner is . . . .

Personally, I'd say Romance (no offense writers and readers), but since Teenfiction seems to be ranking up as well, let's grant that wish and allow them to be tied and equal just for now.

Don't misunderstand me, fellows. I am a girl and a hopeless romantic, but that doesn't mean I can tolerate the 92871716362 overused plots that I see once I clicked on the genre.

Why I even bother reading it, you ask?

It's simple. Hope.

 I give the author the chance to redeem her/himself by producing an actual plot and popping better scenes in the middle or end. (Agent R completely and utterly concurs with this)

But nooooo! 

It stays true to its nature up until the end. It's very much proud of its nature which is being a clichéd book. 

*Scenes*

What makes up a good cliché book, you say? Well, here's the list. Enjoy going through them as Agent R takes us to a world filled with useless characters and unreal scenes.

i hear my alarm ringing, i toss it onto the wall because it's annoying, who cares? My parents are rich. I got up and yawned. it was time to get up. i haate school. i put on a blue blouse and white tank top that showed of my perfect figure. I went to the bathroom and saw my reflection on the wall in front of me. i have curly blond hair that stops until my waist and deep green eyes with thick eyelashes. i have curves in all the right places (I swear to god I've seen this line, almost word by word, in more than ten stories). I don't think i'm pretty but my best friend says i am

Behold you guys, this is THE scene you see most often (well, if you're lucky, the writer capitalized some words). You still don't get it? Allow me to clarify.

The waking up scene. You. Are. A. Goddamn. Writer. You are creative. What's with all the scenes where the girl wakes up in the first chapter? Half of time due to a buzzing alarm. Use. Your. Imagination. There are countless ways of starting a chapter, yet such a great proportion of writers here still choose this way of starting.