Target # 1 - Share Your Story Club

This account is made of three people, and we're doing alternating rants.

*Share Your Story Club*

Alright, the Share Your Story Club is meant for you story to be advertised and shared. To do that, most people came up with read for read (the name is self-explanatory). Now, it wouldn't be so bad if people didn't start skimming and leaving fake comments- most of them with the promise of having liked it and will definitely read on. Why did they do that? They want you to read their story.

Share Your Story or SYS club is filled with writers who are desperate for people to read their works instead of readers who actually are searching for books to read. I, myself, am guilty of doing comment for comment, and I soon discovered that none of them hold the slightest intention of reading past the first chapter. All they want are comments, votes, and reads on their story. They're just writers who want their stories to be read, not readers who genuinely want to read a story. It's pointless really. Especially when the comments they leave are like 'Oh, I love it! <3 Upload soon!' and disappear forever.

*Vote for vote*

Comment for comment I can tolerate but what on earth is vote for vote. You vote on my story, and I vote on yours? What. The. Hell. You write what you want to write. That's why you're on a writing site for God's sake. Writing for other people or writing because you want to be popular is ridiculous and absurd.

You earn votes. You don't ask for votes. Need I make this clearer?

*Click for click*

 Words fail to express what I want to say. Click for click? Really? What do you want to achieve with such a deal? All you're doing is making that little red number that says reads go up. What does it mean?

Nothing.

Why nothing you ask? Simple. No one read your story. They simply clicked on it. Now, don't start with 'they'll read it if it catches their eyes' like someone (I'm not mentioning names) told me. This is rubbish. With the promise of clicking and clicking back in return, I highly doubt anyone would read your story.

SYS is ridiculous now. It's riddled with deals like that. The only thing I can tolerate is comment for comment. Even if a lot of people leave fake comments, there are some who are genuine about it. I understand that there is almost no other way of making your story known, but as I said, the click for clicks and vote for votes are absurd. You get nothing out of it. Let me rephrase that. You do get something. The numbers go up. In reality, you get nothing because it does not mean anything.

I think I've made myself clear though I swear my faith in Wattpadders goes down a bit each time I see a deal like that.

-Agent R

-Approved by Agent A