"Shall we ladies?" Tom asked, looking at us booth. With a nod from each of us, we set out to enjoy our night.

Three hours and a lot of walking later, we decided to stop for a bite to eat, picking out a small Italian place that Viv liked the look of

Three hours and a lot of walking later, we decided to stop for a bite to eat, picking out a small Italian place that Viv liked the look of. Tom had shown us so many sights: Parliament, the Eye, Westminster. So many. And boy was I glad I wore trainers.

We finished dinner and I suggested heading to a bar for a few drinks. Tom agreed, but Viv backed out, "Em I'm still tired from the journey down, hun. You two go. I'll get a taxi back to the hotel."

"Please?" I pleaded with her, really wanting to spend some more time with her.

"Tomorrow hun, I'm yours all day - I promise. By then I'll be caught up on my beauty sleep." She smiled weakly and I could see she was tired.

"Are you sure? I'll come back with you if you want." I offered.

"Em, no. Go have a nice night with Tom. I promise I'll be fine. I'll be asleep five minutes after I get in anyway. You two go, have fun." She smiled at Tom and I.

"Ok. We'll wait with you until you get a taxi then." I told her, while Tom was trying to hail a cab for Viv.

A few moments later, he managed and a black cab pulled in to the kerb, Tom speaking with him before handing over money, "Make sure she gets back safe man, yeah?" He asked and the driver nodded.

"Tom, you didn't need to do that." Viv spoke, resting a hand on his upper arm

"Nonsense. It's been a pleasure to meet you," He pulled her into a gentle hug, "Any friend of Emilie's is a friend of mine." She pulled back, holding him at arms length, "I'm glad she met you, you know. She deserves someone special. Thanks for looking out for her for me." Viv climbed into the back of the cab and Tom shut the door, wrapping his arm around my shoulder as we waved bye to Viv.

We wandered off, finding a cosy little bar and chose a cosy table near the back. Tom left to get the drinks and I checked my phone.

'1 New Message - Viv.'

Back at the hotel misses, just to warn you, there might not be any room for you in this bed. It's soooo comfy! Then again, you might be spending the night in another room ;) Be safe! Love you xxx

I laughed, shaking my head at her and quickly replying before Tom came back with our drinks, placing them down on the table. He pulled his chair closer to mine, leaning in to murmur in my ear, "CanI just say, that dress looks outstanding on you." He kissed my neck quickly and my heart thumped in my chest, his lips left a flash of heat where they had been.

When he pulled away, I tried to compose myself enough to reply to him, "Well thank you, I bought it today." I smiled, taking a sip of my drink. "So, how was work?" I started and the conversation flowed easily all night, neither of us paying attention to the time. It was only when the barman rang the bell for last orders that we decided to make a move.