Chapter 16

My happy mood has dissolved and I’m irritated. Alyssa has ignored me the whole day but I haven’t been able to keep my eyes off of her. Does she know what effect she has on me? The smallest thing has me smiling like an idiot, or has me wanting to become a serial killer. Every time I look around the classroom, you can guess who they’re looking at. She has them all under a spell, and we’re mesmerized by the same girl. I have no chance with her just by looking at my competition. They’re all buff and more appealing. She’s way out of my league and I was stupid to think that she would actually like me. She only needed me because she had nobody else.

She sits with the popular rich kids. She would never sit next to me. I’m not surprised either. She’s way out of my league. She’s surrounded by guys that obviously want to get in her pants and that disgusts me. They don’t like Alyssa. They only like her appearance. I like Alyssa. I can’t cope with all these eyes that are looking at who I wish were mine. I know she’s never going to love me back, but a guy can dream right?

The bell rings and I walk out of the classroom not giving anyone a second look. Niall, Liam, and Louis walk out behind me. I almost forgot that I have my own clique. Not that I want to be in it. They’re not the best company. They’re all bad influences and I know they’re not my real friends. They only like me for my money.

“Did you see that chick in class though? Damn she’s so fucking hot.” Louis remarks and I want to say something but I stay quiet

I hate it when they call girls “hot” they’re people, not the fucking sun.

“I saw man; do you think she’d want to hook up?” Liam chimes in

“She doesn’t want to ‘hook up’ with anyone!” I say harsher than I intended

They all stare at me, stunned.

“Well someone’s in a pissy mood.” Liam says and Niall looks at me blankly

We hold eye contact for a few seconds but he looks down at the ground. He knows the way I feel about Alyssa and I swear to god if he tell the rest of them…

“Let’s go eat lunch,” Niall says and stars walking away from us

Liam and Louis continue talking about doing things to Alyssa that make me want run them over with my car. I slam my locker, hoping that will give them the hint to shut the hell up. I hate it when guys talk about females’ bodies. They’re objectifying women, and that is never okay.

I catch up to Niall and grip on the sleeve of his t-shirt. He looks startled when I push him against the wall.

“Now listen here, Niall. I don’t want you telling the other two how I feel about Alyssa. I don’t want them to talk about her, look at her, not even think about her. Got it?” I say meaning every word

The blonde boy holds his hands up in surrender and nods.

“Chill man, I get it.” He says and shakes his head

“You really like her don’t you?” he asks walking beside me

“Yeah… I guess do.”

niall is supposed to have tattoos in this story btw