Chapter 24

Every guy was like a toy to me; I never had any feelings for them. Then all of a sudden, this curly-haired dork comes into my life and makes me feel. I have no idea how he did it; but he did. I haven’t felt anything for three years. Having all these emotions again seems so strange to me. I haven't made up my mind whether I like it or not but it's making me nervous. 

 “Do you know Jake Anderson?” he asks out of nowhere and my smile disappears. 

I sit up and get off the bed. I was hoping he would never ask me that question. 

“I don’t want to talk about him,” I look out of my window. 

“Why?”

“I think you should leave.” I say softly. 

“What?” Harry looks puzzled and worried. 

“I said that I think you should leave.” I repeat. 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know he was a sensitive subject. I won’t speak of him ever again. I swear.” he says quickly. 

“Please come back here, Alyssa.” he begs. 

I walk back over to the bed and I take his hand. I pull him off my bed so he can stand in front of me. He looks at me with his big eyes, with his mouth parted slightly. I don’t want him to leave, but he probably should get back to the hospital. 

“It’s a Tuesday night; I really need to do some work.” I say and he nods. 

“I should get back to the hospital.” he says and walks over to the window. 

I follow him and he opens the window, causing a gust of wind to come through it. He sticks one leg out of the window and looks at me expectantly.

“Well…?” he trails off. 

“Well what?”

“Doesn’t the prince get a kiss?” he asks and grins. 

“Don’t push it, Styles.” I say and he puckers his lips but I just flick his forehead. 

"Ow!" he exclaims and I laugh. 

"Get your ass back to the hospital." I order. 

"Yes ma'am." he says and does an army salute. 

He climbs out of the window and I smile slightly as I watch him walk down the street. I shut the window, and walk over to my desk. I pull out my journal and flip to an empty page. 

Dear Harry,

Nobody ever makes me happy, and you have no idea how happy you make me.

Love,

Alyssa