Chapter 6

I stand in front of my closet deciding on what to wear. Clothes are strewn across the floor and there is nothing that I would wear to a party. I pick up my phone and call Conrad. It rang only two times before he picked up.

"Conrad?"

"Yeah."

"I don't know what to wear."

"And why are you calling me? I'm a guy." he asks.

"You're no help at all." I groan.

"This is why you need more friends. Maybe a girl so she can help you with all of your feminine problems." he says, humor in his voice.

"I don't know why I called you."

"I don't know either. Go make up your mind, I'm picking you up in twenty."

He hangs up and I go stand in front of my closet again. I grab a black dress that I used to wear to parties. I haven't been to a party since last year. Bad things always happened at parties, and somehow I was always involved. Everyone was drunk and nobody really cared about what happened. Parties were the place where you could cheat on your boyfriend/girlfriend and nobody would even know. And later on you found out that your boyfriend or girlfriend had sex with someone else, and drama would start. Anyways, parties were where I was most of my time, and I can admit that they are fun. I just always seem to have trouble when I'm there.

I slip on my black dress that goes to about mid-thigh. I find my nude heels that aren't too high for dancing. I take the hair-tie out, and my hair falls down over my shoulders. My hair blends in with the dress because they don't have much of a color difference. I wear more than the usual amount of makeup I usually wear. The eyeliner has a small wing, and my lips have a touch of red. I grab my phone and put it in my purse.

I walk down the stairs, lucky that my parents are both out of the house. Alice sits in the living room holding an apple in one and a remote in the other. She looks over at me and smiles.

"You look pretty." she says.

"Thank you. And if mom and dad ask where I am, tell them I'm at a friends house okay?"

"Okay." she says and watches TV again.

I walk out of the front door right as Conrad's car comes into the driveway. I open the passenger seat's door and slide in.

"Ready?" he asks excited.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I say in the most monotone voice I can.

Conrad frowns at me and I roll my eyes. He puts the car in reverse and backs out of my driveway.

"Who's house is the party at?" I ask once he's on the road.

"Jake Anderson's."

"His house? I hate him." I say trying not to sound too disgusted

"Is it because...?" he asks.

"Yes." I say and he drops the subject.

We arrive at the house, and it is packed. Some people were already drunk, and it was only ten o'clock. Girl's wearing slutty outfits wander around on the lawn, and one of them throws up. I gag looking away trying not to do the same. We walk inside and the air is thick with liquor. The music is beyond loud, and the room is very hot. Conrad and I make our way through the sweaty dancing bodies. I bend down and get a drink from the cooler, and Conrad does the same. Drinking alcohol doesn't have the same effect on me as it did the first few times. I don't get drunk that easily anymore. My lips touch the cool glass and the liquid burns my throat as I drink.

I know most of the people here, and it's either I hate them or they hate me. I look around and see a few guys that I've dated, they come over and talk to me asking if I was single. I knew what questions they were going to ask next, so I pretended I didn't hear them and asked them if they were enjoying the party. They eventually went away, and I took another drink out of the cooler.

I look up to see Harry walk up to me, and I almost want to scream. Why can't he just leave me alone? I hope he's not asking me to go out with him. I think I got my point across only a few hours ago. He gets himself a drink and stands beside me.

"Can I help you?" I look up at him and take a sip from my drink.

"Yes, you can actually."

"What do you want?"

"Dance with me." he says.

"I'm not going to dance with you." I say and cross my arms over my chest.

"Come on, it's only dancing." he says smiling.

"Yeah, and I'm not stupid. I've been to enough parties to know what happens after the dancing."

"Dance with me Alyssa." he says running his hand up my arm.

I recoil from his touch and he comes closer. It feels like he towers over me even though my face is level with his neck. He seems so much bigger than I am, and it makes me uncomfortable. I shrug him off and go to the other side of the house. On the other side, the lights are on, and the people are playing their stupid games. They're sitting in a circle, and there's a bottle in the middle. A guy named Niall is right by my side and looks like he's already drunk.

"Wanna play?" he slurs.

"Uh-"

"Well you're going to." he tugs on my arm and pulls me down.

I am quick to cover the revealed skin from the sudden movement. I sit down next to Conrad as the group makes room for the two of us. They spin the bottle, and it lands on a blonde girl barely wearing clothes. They tell her to kiss some guy and she does, but for way too long. He stars to grope her and it gets graphic right in front of our eyes. I turn away trying not to watch them.

"Think they would have the decency to get a room." I mutter loud enough so the girl stops.

She blushes and looks away. Everyone laughs at the girls embarrassment and the guy moves closer to her. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Harry walk into the room.

"Can I play?" he asks to no one in general.

"No." I answer.

He just laughs and sits down. They spin the bottle again and it lands on some other guy. They dare him to take two shots. These people are so lame. Can't they think of better dares?

They spin the bottle again, and it lands on me this time. They smirk and take a swig of their drink.

"Kiss Harry." one of them says.

oooh things are gettin' kinky