Chapter 6

Nick's POV~

He went limp in my arms and tears formed into my eyes. The rest of the group ran up to Ellis' body and I. Looking over at them, I noticed that Zoey's face was turning a bit red as if she was going to cry. "Oh my god, Ellis! I-I didn't get to tell him... that I like him.." Anger started filling up inside me when I heard her say that.

"Fuck off! If you really cared then you wouldn't have run past him, making the tank hit him instead of you!" I yelled and everyone had a surprised but understanding look on their face. Eyeing Zoey one last time, I start walking. We had to find the next safe room. The rest of the group walked behind me and it stayed silent.

After opening the door, I look around to find somewhere to put Ellis. Seeing some sleeping bags and a few couches, I set Ellis down onto one of the couches. He was still breathing, but it was really light. At least he's unconscious, not dead... right? Sitting down next to him, I lay his head on my lap.

"It's late, Nicholas. Why don't you get some sleep? I'll watch over Ellis." Coach says softly, walking over to me. I shake my head and look down at Ellis. "No. I want to be up when he wakes up." Coach sighs and goes over to the other couch to sit next to Rochelle.

"What's going on with Nick..? He has never acted like this." Rochelle said to Coach and he shrugs. "I'm not sure if I'm correct but I think they might be.." "Dating or at the very least, gay?" Coach asked softly and Rochelle nods. "At least we're on the same page." He adds with a soft chuckle.

I watched as Rochelle and Coach talked, but I couldn't tell what the topic was. It was probably about Ellis or something. I sighed and looked back down at Ellis. "Please don't die..." I pleaded silently.

Soon, everyone was asleep. I couldn't even tell if Ellis was even breathing by this point and my eyes burned. Soft tears fell down my face and I silently go my stuff. I took off his hat, might as well have something for remembrance, and left the safe room. It was going to be a long night...

----

Ellis' POV~

My head was spinning and my head hurt. I slowly opened my eyes, waking up, and  I saw that I was laying on a couch. Trying to sit up, a bolt of pain shot through me and I lied back down with a groan. I reached up for my hat but it wasn't on my head. 

Hmmmmm... That's really strange... "N-Nick....?" I tried saying, but my voice only made a soft and grumbled whisper of what I was trying to say. I looked around but couldn't see Nick anywhere and the fear that I felt inside of me helped numb the excruciating pain that was going through me as I got off of the bed. I looked over at the others and still couldn't find him.

..Did he leave me...? I thought as tears formed in my eyes. I walked over to a nearby table and grabbed a desert eagle pistol, ammo for the gun, and a health pack. I saw some pills and immediately downed some. Hopefully, they'll start working soon. Getting everything situated, I walked to the door of the safe room and quietly walked out. 

--

Walking for what seemed like forever, I saw a trail of freshly killed zombies. "Either, there is another survivor or Nick has to be close," I muttered, my throat finally feeling a bit better.

I saw another safe room up ahead and, surprise surprise, a specific suit-wearing asshole was about to walk inside. I see something on his head and I laugh at the sight. He was wearing my hat! I knew that he must have taken it!

I hoped my voice was good enough for him to hear me as I shouted, "Nick!" Luckily, he turned around with a VERY surprised look on his face. He ran towards me and I could see that he had obviously been crying. "E-Ellis....? Oh my god..... Y-you little asshole...! I thought... I thought you were dead! I stayed up all goddamn night.. But, you never woke up.." I hugged him tightly and he placed my hat on my head. 

We start to walk to the safe room and once we get inside we close the door behind us. "Nick? How scared were ya?" I laugh. But there was only silence at first. Then, Nick rolled his eyes. "From one to ten? Five..." I smirk and poke his side, "Man, you were at the LEAST a seven." He gave me a look and then hugged me deeply. "I was definitely a ten..." I smiled up at him and stood up on my toes to reach his face and kiss him.

------

And there you guys have it! I may or may not have a small lemon/smut scene but I'm not sure yet. I'll deeply appreciate it if you give me suggestions down in the comments on what you'd like to see in this story. Goodbye for now, I hope you guys enjoyed this next chapter!!

~Trin