1 | partners.

"eunha, you're late again." the professor sighed. she scoffed at his remark.

"why don't you just drop your expectations, 'cause i'm never gonna come in on time." she replied, with an annoyed tone.

"detention after school then." she tsk-ed at the professor's reply before taking her seat next to her best friend.

yes, despite her rude personality, she became friends with someone. she had saved this very girl from being bullied, even though she ended up with a 2-week suspension. but hey, at least the bully was now gone. their personalities were similar, but naeun was more optimistic.

"eunha, you should try coming in early, though." her friend whispered to her.

"pfft, naeun, you too? you know i have better things to do." she replied.

"like what?"

eunha pondered for a moment, wondering whether she should tell her.

"like... getting more sleep." she lied.

"tsk tsk, you should thank me for writing your notes down."

"thank you~" eunha cooed, smirking at her dear friend.

the professor tapped on the board, "eunha and naeun, pay attention."

"your class doesn't even teach me anything, so why should i?" she scoffed, earning a bunch of giggles and snickers from her classmates.

"everyone, shut it." he glared at her, before resuming the class. "as i was saying, you'll have to work in partners for this."

he wrote down who the students would pair up with on the board right as the school bell rang.

eunha was one of the last people to leave, she caught a glimpse of who her partner was.

'jung eunha and lee jeno'

"oh you have got to be kidding me." she muttered, stomping out of class.

-

entering the cafeteria, she got in line to buy her lunch. she brought her tray over to her usual spot with naeun.

"so... you're partnered up with jeno." she started off.

"yeah, as if the world doesn't want me dead already."

"are you gonna be okay? i mean-"

"i'll be fine. who's your partner?"

"well, uh..." naeun's cheeks were visibly pink now, causing eunha to grin.

"don't tell me... is it park jisung?"

"yeah..."

"oh this should be fun, now you have an excuse to get his number."

"and who knows, you might end up falling in love with jeno."

eunha scoffed at her reply, "pfft, bullshit."

-

yeet a jeno ff bc i just love him so much :')

also, everyone's gonna be the same age here (16) except for mark just bc it's how i want the story to work hah

i also apologize if the story starts to get boring bc i'm terrible at keeping things lively through text :(((