If Looks Could Kill ch. 6

Start from the beginning

Raiden nodded.

Sighing I got to my feet and held out my hand again. After a moment's hesitation Raiden put his hand in mine.

I walked him over to the cars where my parents were having a mini crisis.

"You're both needed at work I'm guessing" I stated.

They nodded helplessly.

I turned to Raiden "so you want to hang out with me?|

He shrugged.

Mom and Dad sighed in relief.

"Are you okay with this honey?" Dad asked me "I could stay home."

"The guy's won't mind and neither do I but it's up to Raiden i think."

We looked at him expectantly.

"I'll... go... with you" he said.

I hauled his bag into my trunk and opened the doors.

"What kind of music do you listen to?" I asked once we were free of the air port parking lot.

I glanced at him. Raiden stared out the window blankly and stayed silent.

I shrugged it off and put my station on. I flipped my phone open and dialed Zach's number.

He answered on the first ring "hey Sky."

"Hey!"

"You're not canceling are you?"

I laughed "do you really think I'm that mean? No, I'm just bringing someone with me."

"Sure Caleb won't mind. Who is she? Maybe we can hook her up with him and he'll stop flirting with you" Zach chuckled.

I rolled my eyes "Zach there's no competition. I love YOU. Anyways-"

"Aw I love you more!"

"Anyways" I couldn't help the smile that stretched across my face.

Zach cut me off again "Hey wait! Isn't Raiden supposed to be getting in today? You are canceling!"

"Will you let me finish?" I sighed.

"Sorry..."

"Mom and Dad got busy at the airport so I'm bringing Raiden with me."

"Oh! Aw that sucks!" Zach said then sputtered an explanation "I mean that's great! I can't wait to meet him. Just sucks that you're not bringing a girl for Caleb."

I laughed "I think Caleb will live."

I spotted a Little Ceaser's up ahead and my stomach gurgled.

"Hey do you guys want pizza? I'm hungry I'll pick it up."

"Sure."

"Okay see you in a bit and don't waste time start without me."

"Yeah, yeah sure" Zach said unconvincingly and cut the line.

I shook my head and tossed my phone into the cup holder.

"Do you like playing video games? Or playing basketball?" I asked Raiden trying to think of ways to entertain him while we were busy with the project.

Not very surprising he stayed quiet.

"Okay I guess we can figure that out when we get there" I said and pulled into a parking space "coming inside?"

He unbuckled himself so I took that as a yes. While I ordered I heard the door open and shut behind me. Instantly the hairs on the back of my neck stood on end.