Could You Love Me {XXI}

Start from the beginning

"I don't know if I'd want you there. It's not a particularly.... nice area." Axel disagreed, his eyes staring into mine as his arm draped over the back of the booth behind me.

"Please, it wouldn't be my first rodeo in there." I stated, making his eyebrows shoot up.

"Really now?" Dean questioned, looking intrigued.

"Yeah, really now?" Imogen mocked, narrowing her eyes at me.

She knew I was reckless most of sophomore and junior year, but she didn't know how reckless.

Imogen knew me better than I knew myself sometimes, but there were things that I wanted to forget, so I never brought them up, and I never planned on it.

"Yes." I replied, avoiding all of their gazes.

"Well even if we did go, wouldn't it be sort of, odd?" Chase questioned, pulling the attention off of me, giving me a knowing look.

I smiled gratefully at him and he threw me a wink.
It was those particular moments that I was thankful for Chase, the ones usually ending with me kicking his ass.

But hey, what were best friends for?

"Well, not really. It's generally open to the public ... if they like you." Archer shrugged. "Bottom floor is the main bar, lounge, and pool tables. Then top is where the dance floor is."

"How do you even get in?" I questioned to Axel, making him look down at me.

"How do you get in?" He challenged, making me narrow my eyes.

"I asked first."

His left eyebrow arched at me, while his eyes never left mine. "My uncle is a part of the motorcycle club, we used to hang around them a lot."

"Derek Dawson?" I questioned slowly, making Axel nod.

"Call him DD if you wanna piss him off." Dean smirked, Imogen snorting at his random advice.

I cursed myself for never making the connection. But then again I was never close with Axel before.

"You know him?"

It was my turn to nod. "He was a friend of my father's and I grew up around him."

"And I thought this couldn't get any weirder." Imogen thought out loud, breaking the intense staring between Axel and I.

I couldn't tell how he felt about the situation, but the expression on his face was giving me the feeling that he was a little bit surprised.

"Small world." Axel mumbled, a light smile on his lips.

"Very small." I agreed, burying my face into my coffee.

***

The club hadn't changed much since the last time I was there and I didn't understand why I was back.

Imogen bailed because her mom was sick and Chase never left her side, so it was just the boys and I.

What fun.