I just want to fit in

classes seemed to drag on forever. noone spoke to me. I sat at the back avoiding the angry stares I got. they still hated me.

Finally my last class ends and I walk back to the gryffindor common room. I walk in and heads turn to glare at me. again.

I walk upto the dorms without saying a word and chuck my book bag onto my bed and grab a muggle book draco got me the first time he visited the muggle world before walking back down and out of the common room. I walk until I reach a secluded spot next to the black lake. I sit down and open my book. I didnt even realise I was crying until a tear landed on the book.

I hastily wipe them away as I hear footsteps.

"you alright" neville asks.

"fine" I say quickly.

"no your not" he says.

"im fine" I say again.

"I know how it feels" he says "but seriously. you just need to talk about it"

"you know how it feels" I say staring up at him "no. no you dont neville. noone knows what happened to your parents. and if they did they would only be nice to you. they were heroes. aurors. my parent? everyone knows what happened to them. everyone knows what they did. noone is nice to me because of it. you don't know what its like. to know you don't fit in. to know you never will. im a gryffindor daughter of two infamous slytherins. killer's. death eaters. and....and I just want to fit in. I don't want to be that kid everyone hates. everyone is scared of. I just want to fit in"

I cant stop crying. no matter how many times I wipe the tears away.

he sits down beside me and akwardly pulls me into a hug.

I don't move. too weak to pull away.

"ok your right I don't know how you feel. but I do know what its like. im the son of two aurors. Im not brave like them." he says.

"yes you are" I say finally sitting up properly "you are one of the bravest people ive ever met"

He just laughs.

"come on lets get back up to the castle" he suggests "dinner will be soon"

If you looked outside the window on that one summer day you would have seen the strangest sight possible. the daughter of death eaters and son of aurors actually laughing. together. as it was someone was watching. He had known for some time this would happen. albus dumbledore smiled lightly as the two walked upto the castle together.