It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Start from the beginning

            “We must acquire the Jewel of Equinox. It holds the power to the universe.” He says. He is smaller than the other man, but twice as powerful and his eyes are extra black. The bigger man smiles evilly.

            “Yes, yes. We won’t be the only ones after it. The guardians will also be protecting it with their lives.” He says.

            “Of course my lord.” The bigger man says.

            “Yes, but now is the perfect time to steal it. I hear they guardians are going through a—transition in leaders.” The leader says with an evil smile.

            “Very smart my lord.” The bigger guy says. The leader turns to the bigger guy and points to the door.

            “Now, go get Garth and the others. We must plan.” He says calmly. The leader walks back to his chair and sits down on the lavish velvet cushion.

            “Yes my lord.” The bigger one then exits the room and everything goes black.

            I wake up breathing normally, but I have a huge headache right now. I am not on the couch anymore, but in bed and Will’s arm and left leg are draped over me. What kind of dream was that? It couldn’t have been a vision. Those men didn’t even look natural and I never wanted to dream of them again. I wipe my eyes and sit up with difficulty because of Will. He pulls me back down and I cannot help but smile. As much as I was troubled by this dream, Will made me smile. What was the Jewel of Equinox? Did my mind make this up? Or was it real? I wasn’t really sure. I guess I would have to wait, but I wasn’t going to alarm anyone at the present moment. Things finally became normal and good again.

            “Will, I have to go to the bathroom.” I say. He pretends like he doesn’t hear me and keeps holding me tight. I roll my eyes. I try my best pushing against him, but it does no good. He was stronger than me.

            “I swear that I will pee all over you if you don’t let go.” Will finally opens his eyes and laughs. He let’s go and I sprint to the bathroom. I really did have to go.

            Back in the bedroom, Will is just relaxing on the bed. I want to join him, but we had work to do today. We had presents to wrap. I pounce on the bed—on Will and he is momentarily startled. I double over laughing, wishing that I could gotten a picture of his face.

            “You have to help me wrap presents.” I order. Will gives me a look saying “hell no”. I lean over him and kiss his lips as slow as possible. He growls and places his hands on my bottom to pull me closer. He bites on my lip and I smile just before pulling away.

            “Help me.” I whisper against his ear.

            “Okay.” He says. I smile to myself and pull out everything. I wanted to get this stuff done now so I wasn’t doing it Christmas eve.

            “Why didn’t you come to bed last night? I had to carry you up from the living room.” Will states.

            “I just wasn’t tired and then an hour later I just passed out.” I give him an assuring smile. I’m not sure if he buys it but Will doesn’t say anything more on the subject.

            We spend the rest of the morning wrapping all the presents and I have to say that I am pleased with myself. I was always pretty good at wrapping. I go to leave the room, but Will pulls me back.