Chapter 28

Your POV

     Your day passed by quickly, filled with classes. After dinner, you and Remus sat by the fire doing homework. After what seemed like ages, you slammed a Transfiguration book shut. "Done!" you exclaimed, finally finished with your homework.
After a moment, Remus too shut his book. "Me too," he responded. You glanced at the clock, which read 11:00.
"I'm not ready for bed yet, how about you?"
"No, I'd rather stay here with you," Remus replied, smiling. He grabbed a blanket from the nearby couch and beckoned for you to come near to him. You crawled over to Remus, laying against his chest while sitting in his lap. Remus placed his arms around you, holding you close to him. He delicately kissed the top of your head.
"So you're really not mad anymore about me being an animagus?" you asked quietly after checking to make sure no one was in earshot of your conversation. The last Gryffindor was headed up the stairs to his dormitory.
"I still think it's dangerous, but it's your choice. The others will keep you safe, anyway." He sighed slightly, a sign which you took as not being fully over it.
"So Peter is a rat, James is a stag, Sirius is a dog, and you're a wolf."
"I'm a werewolf, (Y/N). It's a bit different," he chuckled.
"Nonetheless, you're a wolf."
"That reminds me, you never told me what you're animagus form was," Remus said curiously.
"I'm a red wolf." You smiled, choosing your next words carefully. "Lily says that means that we're soul mates. We're both a kind of wolf."
Remus didn't say anything. You could tell he was thinking. "That means that we're meant to be together."
You paused, then simply said, "Yes."
     You could hear Remus' smile in his words as he quietly said, "I love you, (Y/N)."
     You whispered back, "I love you too, Remus."
     Remus lay back, placing his head on the floor. You still lay on his chest. You turned over so you were lying on top of him, your chest on his. His arms were around your waist and yours were around his torso. You kissed the tip of his nose lightly before laying your head on his chest and closing your eyes.
     "Don't fall asleep on me, again," Remus joked.
     You opened your eyes as turned your head toward him. "Wanna go?" you joked right back.
     "I'll totally win," he replied cockily.
     "Oh, you wish. I'm already winning! I'm on top of you, if you hadn't noticed." You sounded just as cocky, with both your eyebrows raised.
    He suddenly started tickling you. You twisted sharply, trying to hold in a giggle. You started to wrestle him, trying to pin his arms to the ground. Has he always been this muscular? you questioned yourself, noticing the muscles bulging in his arms. You were distracted with his arms, and did not notice his legs, which were curling around your waist. Using his legs, he flung you to the side. You held in a laugh as you rolled off of Remus and onto the ground. Remus rolled with you, landing over you. Your arms were now pinned to the ground.
     "Look who's winning now?" he asked, cockily raising an eyebrow. "I'm on top now, if you hadn't noticed."
     You smiled, realizing how close Remus was. He leaned in near you, his lips nearly touching yours. He was teasing you, and it sure was working. Your heart raced in anticipation until finally his lips reached yours. He released his arms from yours, moving them to support himself above you. Your arms, now free, chose to grab his waist, pulling him closer. His torso slammed into yours as the kiss intensified.
     After a few moments, the kiss softened, finally halting. Remus' face remained near yours. He rolled over, taking you with him. Once again, you were on top. He grabbed the blanket, which had been forgotten on the side during your wrestling match, and placed it over the two of you.
     "You can sleep now, (Y/N). I was just joking earlier, don't worry," he smiled.
     You once again placed your head sideways on his chest, your body pressed into his. You felt warm and safe in his grasp. One of his hands and arm held you tight around the waist. His other hand gently stroked your (H/C) hair, which fell over his body. You felt your eyelids grow heavy, drooping until they met. You heard Remus  whisper, "I love you," one more time before you fell asleep in his arms.
                            -----
     You woke up in Remus' bed, in the same position you had been in when you fell asleep. You turned your head until your chin rested lightly on his chest, you face toward his. You watched him sleep for a bit, feeling his chest rise and fall beneath you.
     You leaned forward and kissed Remus on the lips. You closed your eyes for a brief moment, relishing in the kiss. When you pulled away, you opened your eyes to see his green eyes opening too. He smiled, whispering, "Morning, beautiful. Not a bad way to wake up, I must admit."
     You smiled back. "Why don't we get dressed and ready now so we can go to breakfast?"
     "Okay, I'll meet you in the Common Room in ten minutes." You rolled off of Remus and hopped off the bed. After you gave him one more kiss, you went to get ready.
     After breakfast, you had Herbology. Your professor handed out loads of homework, much go your class' displeasure. The rest of your day was about the same. You went to class and received much homework.
     Later that night, you and Remus worked into the dead of night doing homework. Lily joined you that evening, due to the extraordinary amount of homework you all had acquired. Finally, at 12:35, you finished all your work. Remus kissed you and sent you off to bed. You fell asleep after a bit, but it took you longer than the previous night. Your last thought before falling asleep was how you wished you were in Remus' arms.
                                 -----
Hey everyone! Please leave a comment telling me how you like the story so far! Also, thank you for all the reads!