Chapter 20

Your POV

     The rest of November disappeared quickly. Classes passed in a whirl, along with Quidditch. Two weeks after your injury, Madam Pomfery cleared you to return to practicing for Quidditch. James was ecstatic to have you back. You and Remus made your late night studying into dates, due to lack of time for true dates. Some days, your study dates were cancelled due to Quidditch practices running long.
     Suddenly, it was December. There was extra stress on you for classes. Examinations were given almost daily, so homework was seen as a necessary evil to pass your courses. You and Remus remained top in your classes. You two engaged in some friendly competition in class, with you arriving on top most times. Many students broke down in sobbing fits before, during, and after classes. Stress levels were extremely high leading up to winter break.
     Break finally rolled around, allowing for many students to head home to visit family. However, there was a record number of students staying at school this year, due to the Christmas party you and your friends were planning.
     On the eighteenth of December, one day before the much awaited party, you and Lily decided to go down to the kitchens to talk with the house elves about the food situation.
     "How do we get in again?" Lily asked you upon reaching the painting that served as the entrance to the kitchens. "Oh right. Tickle the pear," she answered herself, giggling.
     Once inside, several elves ran up to you two, holding platters full of food. You and Lily sampled some food, gaining ideas on what to bring. "We have a huge party planned for tomorrow night in the Gryffindor Common Room. Can you supply us with food?" you asked one house elf.
     "Certainly, Master (L/N)! What would you like us to make?" the elf squeaked in response. You pointed to some of your favorite samples you had tried. Lily added a few others to the list of foods. The house elf beamed and bowed deeply. The others scurried off to begin cooking.
     Your mission successful, you and Lily returned to the Common Room, where decorating was underway. James  and Peter were decorating a tree, Sirius was hanging bundles of mistletoe, and Remus was supervising the entire process making sure no one blew up the Common Room with a spell gone wrong. James called you over, whispering, "The Firewhiskey arrived earlier. I gave it to the house elves so your- 'mature'- boyfriend wouldn't find it." He smiled mischievously and winked. You fully comprehended all the meaning packed into the word 'mature.'
     You laughed and walked over to Remus. He gave you a quick kiss before smiling and saying, "I must admit- this party is going to be pretty great!" You smiled back.
     The Common Room decorated, you and your friends sat down for some butterbeer, discussing the party and finalizing plans. "I told everyone to arrive around 9:30," Lily said. "The turnout is going to be huge!"
     "I won't be at the party until 11:00, so feel free to start before I arrive. Of course I had to get Prefect duty tomorrow night," Remus laughs.
     You attempt to cover a yawn, but it does not go unnoticed amongst the excited group. "It's getting pretty late. We'd all best be off to bed," Lily says, standing up. She pulls you along with her. "Good night, everyone." A chorus of 'good night's is spoken in reply.
     You head up the stairs to your dormitory alongside Lily. As you change into pajamas, Lily asks, "What are you going to wear tomorrow for the party?"
     "I have no idea yet. Maybe you can help me pick an outfit for the party tomorrow morning. What about you?"
     She shows you her dress. It is a gorgeous green dress, matching her eyes.

     "I'll be very festive," she laughs

     "I'll be very festive," she laughs. "Red hair, green eyes, and a green dress!"
     "James'll be all over you!" you tease.
     "Oh, shut up," she giggles, cheeks turning pink. She changes the subject saying, "We need to make sure Remus goes crazy over you!"
     You yawn, saying, "That's for the morning. G'night!" As soon as your head hits the pillow, you fall into a deep sleep, a smile still on your face in excitement for tomorrow night's party.
                                 -----