Chapter 6

Leonardo had noticed something crucial about her appearance, she was skinny far to skinny for someone her age....her clothes looked old and worn she had dark circles under her crimson eyes.

He saw the way people looked at her, he could tell everyone saw Katie as a monster...he knew just by looking at her that she had no place to call home...she had no one to call family.

The blue banded turtle felt pity toward the young holder, he didn't know how it felt to not have a family and he prayed he'd never have to find out....but this girl does know the feeling and understands the pain of being alone.

As he watched Katie from the pillar he was leaning against he noticed she was coming toward the same construction site him and the other five New Yorkers had take refuge, thoughts passed through his mind all of which came to one conclusion...this was the place she called home.

The midnight haired teen girl walked over to the construction site and climbed it with ease, she placed her feet and hands in all the right places that allowed her to land next to Leo and within seconds the blue clad turtle had a dagger pressed against his throat threateningly.

His sapphire orbs met the burning crimson of Katie's fierce eyes, a deep frown was etched into her pale features as he tightened her grip on the well crafted dagger. The teenage holder's voice was deep as she snarled at the mutant turtle "Why are you here?"

The three younger turtles and two other humans stood up from their sitting positions and looked over to Leonardo with concern and slight anger, the blue banded mutant raised his hand as if to say he didn't want them to interfere...clearing his throat he spoke on a soft voice "We only sought protection from the humans nothing more."

Narrowing her blood red orbs Katie reluctantly pulled her dagger away from his throat, she twirled it a few times before sheathing it on her thigh...without another word the ebony haired girl made her way over to a pile of blankets pulling out a small box.

Without hesitation she tossed the jade and gold box over to Leo who caught it carefully, Katie sighed before she spoke "If you want to find the other two holders their locations are in there...those gems will help you find them."

With that said the eldest mutant opened the small box and inside were four gems each a different color, one was blue which was the largest, the next largest was a yellow gem then purple and the smallest one was red...Katie spoke in a slightly softer tone than before.

"The blue one is yours, the red one is mine...as for the other two my brother is the purple and a girl over seas is the yellow. Rosalia was the one who gave them to me, apparently it's the youngest holders job to monitor the others locations and vitals."

Leonardo looked up from the gems to the midnight haired girl before he spoke "So you've known where we all were and if we were in trouble?" This earned a nod from the crimson eyes teen, "Yes, but the vital thing is the worst part...I don't just know that you're hurt I can feel the pain of it as well...that's the price I must pay for holding the gems."

This caused each and every New Yorker in the abandoned construction site to gasp, they didn't think that baring the title blood user would bring that kind of pain...especially for the youngest of the four.

The blue banded mutant sighed before he spoke "I'm sorry I didn't know that you had to go through that," he was bombarded with thoughts of his time with shredder...he couldn't even imagine what was going through Katie's mind during that kind of pain.

The ebony haired teen sighed before she spoke "Ya don't need to feel sorry for me, I ain't no weaklin' growin' up on the streets teaches ya how to be strong...nothin' can rival the pain I feel every day."

Katie's crimson eyes burned with past troubles...it was a pain that no ordinary person would understand, it was a pain that Leo himself didn't know.

It was the pain of having nothing, it was the agonizing emptiness that haunted her blood red orbs...she knew not what a family was like or what the warmth of a home could bring because she was always alone in the dark freezing by herself for the 14 years she's been alive.

The midnight haired girl sighed snapping everyone out of their thoughts, everyone's eyes followed her as she moved over to the edge of the unfinished room...her sharp eyes darted is every direction before turning to the six New Yorkers.

Her voice was stern and louder than before "Stay here," as soon as those two words left her mouth she let Rosalia take over and dropped into the alley way beside the construction site. A loud howl rang throughout the city and in the distance they could hear multiple dogs barking, within seconds Katie was back and in her human form.

Six confused glances landed on the far too skinny teen who in turn rolled her eyes before speaking "Look y'all wanna find the other right? Well I'll help ya, those gems ain't very useful if ya can't use em *sighs* so I'll come along but y'all better not regret invitin' me or I'll turn around quicker than y'all can blink ya eye. Understand?"

Earning six quick nods the southern blood user pointed to the city "Sunsets in 'bout an hour be ready to leave by then." With that the pale teen walked over to her makeshift bed and sat down crossing her arms behind her head closing her blood red eyes, she still wore a scowl on her face but really who could blame her?

She was being taken away from the only thing she's known as 'home' to help a race that's done nothing but hate and despise her, it takes a very strong person to do what she's doing...but it takes an even stronger person to face what's coming.

ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER HAHAHAHA
kidding it's over there ->
But hey at least I can pretend to surprise you.