chapter 22

Sydney P.O.V.

Today was Friday and Brent was coming over to rehearse the lines for the play with me. I really was not looking forward to this. I was still carpooling with him but I sat away from him and didn't say anything. As usual, my mom picked us up, asked us how our day was, and drove us home. I glanced over at Brent to see him texting. He was probably talking to Sam who he dumped me for. My mom pulled into our driveway a few minutes later and I went upstairs. Brent followed me but I didn't say a word and neither did he. I threw my backpack on the ground and got out my script. I walked over to Brent and began to talk."Okay, so did you memorize the lines?" I asked. He nodded. "Ok then, lets rehearse for real and them once we got it perfect we can move onto our costumes." Brent nodded in agreement and began to say his line. He had to hold my hand and eventually kiss me in this skit. Of course Mrs. Johnson just had to do this to me. Brent took my hand and I felt a spark like I used to. I ignored it and got into character. "If I profane with my worthiest hand this holy shrine, the gentle sin is this: my lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand to smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss," Brent said passionately. "Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much, which mannerly devotion shows in this, for saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch, and palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss," I said looking into his eyes. As we continued Brent looked at me as if to say sorry. I knew I couldn't trust him even though I really wanted to. We came to  Brent's line right before the first kiss. "Then move not, while my prayer's effect I take," he said and leaned in. I leaned in but pulled away before our lips could touch. "We can't do this. You broke my heart and you think I will come begging for you to take me back, well no! I know you don't love me anymore," I said and fell onto my bed. "Sydney, I'm truly sorry. I was an idiot and I know Sam set you up. I'm just dating her to ke-," I cut him off. "Just go," I said. "You know, we are going to have to kiss sooner or later," Brent said as he left my room. I began to cry. Love was so complicated. Why did I fall for Brent? Why did I feel so right with him? Why did I want to get back together but did not want to at the same time? Questions flooded my head and I did not know what to do about it.

****Author's note: Thanks for reading and getting my to 1K! I'm so excited. Sorry for short chapter. Keep reading and comment any suggestions. Luv u all. xoxo