chapter 9

Brent P.O.V.

I was knocked on the door. Sydney opened up and I grabbed her face and kissed her passionately. She walked backwards and I followed not breaking the kiss. I closed the door with my foot and we moved to the couch. "I've been waiting for this moment since the day I met you," Sydney said when we took a break. "Me too," I said as I went back to kissing her. She started to remove my shirt when... "Rise and shine," my mom said as she opened my curtains. All that happened was just a dream. It felt so real. If only I could tell Sydney how I really feel about her. I tried to kiss her but she pulled away. I tried telling myself that she was just scared but I guess she doesn't like me. How am I supposed to tell her how I feel about her when she doesn't like me the way I'm in love with her? My mom left the room after telling me to get dressed. As a surprise, she decided to take me to get my license today. It was six in the morning for I had to go take the test at seven thirty. I already took the test online a few weeks ago and passed. My mom had called me home last night from Sydney's to tell me. I put on an all black shirt and some jeans and then put on a RVCA SnapBack. I went downstairs and poured myself a bowl of cereal.

At seven we left and my sister came. We made a vine on the way to the place. She is the best sister anyone could ask for. My mom parked and we walked inside. "Appointment for Brent Rivera," I said the lady sent me outside after filling out some paperwork and I went to a car with her to take the test. My school doesn't offer courses where we can take student drivers tests. I felt pretty confident. I drove around the parking lot and had to park in a space and parallel park. I passed and I went back inside with the lady. I filled out more paperwork and took my picture. I was kind of said because I had to take off my SnapBack. After a few minutes I got my license and we were out of there. I was so excited. I could drive Sydney anywhere I wanted to. "Can I drive home?" I asked my mom. "Sure, just don't kill us," she said laughing. I slid into the driver's seat and started the car I backed out of the space and started to drive home. It felt so good to have my license. I pulled into my driveway and told my mom I was going to show Sydney. I ran over to her door and knocked. Her mom answered. "Is Sydney here?" I asked. "Hello Brent. She went long boarding. She's been gone for a while so should be back soon. Why don't you come in and wait?" Mrs. Jenkins said. ''Sure, thank you," I said and walked in. I sat down on the couch and Mrs. Jenkins brought me a tray with some chips and dip and a bottle of water on it. "Thank you," I said. "Your welcome," she said and smiled. Sydney has the same smile as her. It could make the worst day turn into your best. Mrs. Jenkins sat down on a chair across from me and started to talk. "I've heard a lot about you Brent. Sydney is very happy she made a friend like you," she started. "I think she likes you. She talks about more than anyone else," she continued. At that time Sydney walked in. "Hey mom who are you talking to?" she said and then looked at me. "Oh hey Brent. What ever she said is not true," she said and gave her mom the death stare for a moment. "I have something to show you," I said. Mrs. Jenkins left the room and I saw her give a quick thumbs up to Sydney. She ignored her and sat down by me on the couch. "I got my license," I said excitedly as I handed her the card to look at. "Cool so now you can drive," she said and smiled. Oh how her smile and dimples make me melt. "Hey do you want to go get some lunch with me," she asked. "Sure," I said calmly but I was freaking out inside. "Let me go get the car," I said making a big deal. She giggled a little and went to go put her longboard away. She was perfect. I made up my mind that I was going to tell her today about how I felt about her no matter what.

Sydney P.O.V.

He went to go get the car. He smiled at me as he walked out the front door. He made me melt just looking at him. I really wanted to tell him how I felt. It was getting too hard for me to keep my feelings for him inside. I know my mom said something about me liking Brent to him. That's the last time I tell her who I'm crushing on. Brent, though, wasn't just a crush. He was true love. I used to just fan girl over him, but I really feel connected to him now.

I went outside and met Brent at his mom's car. He went around and opened the passenger seat for me and then hopped in the driver's seat and started the car. He's such a gentleman. We drove out of the neighborhood and he started talking. "Do you want to go to Jenny's?" he asked. "Sure," I said. We talked about a vine Jack made on the way to the diner and about a football game that was on TV a few nights ago.

We arrived at the diner and Brent parked. I must say he is a good driver. We walked in and sat down at a table. ''May I take your order?" a lady who looked like she was in her twenties asked. "I'll have a sweet tea and a burger with everything and well done," Brent said. "And for you," the waitress asked me. "I'll have a house salad and a sweet tea." She smiled at us and then started to talk again. "You're Brent Rivera, right?"she asked Brent. "Yes ma'am I am," he said. "My niece loves you. Can I maybe have your autograph for her?" "Sure," Brent said. The waitress went and got a piece of paper and pulled out her pen. Brent signed and she thanked him and went to go place our order. "Well aren't you just a superstar," I said to Brent smiling. He smiled back and our eyes met. We looked at each other for a while and I started to blush. "Sydney, there is something I have to tell you," Brent started. "Yes," I said urging him to speak. "Well, um, you see, I" "Here you two go," the waitress said interrupting Brent. We thanked he and I spoke. "You were saying," I said. "Oh I just wanted to say I'm glad you invited me today," Brent said. "Oh," I said in a disappointed tone. I thought he was going to ask me out or something, but I guess he just doesn't have feelings for me like that.

We ate in silence and Brent drove me home after we paid. "Thanks for driving me," I said. He looked into my eyes and handed me a piece of paper. "Don't read it till you are in your room," he said. "Ok," I said a little confused. He said bye and I walked into my house. I ran up to my room and read the paper. Meet me in the park at ten. I have something to tell you. Brent wanted to meet me in our community park. What if he wanted to ask me out. No, he can't. He doesn't like me like that. I guess there is a small chance though that Brent Rivera is falling for me too.

*** Hey everyone! Thanks for reading. Wow! Over 90 reads! Thanks for all your support and keep reading to find out what Brent has to tell Sydney. Xoxo