chapter 5

We arrived at the theater and walked inside. There wasn't really anything good on so we decided to watch the LEGO Movie. We got our tickets and walked over to the concession area. "Want some popcorn?" Brent asked. "It's ok I'll buy my own," I said. "No let me, we can share,'' Brent said back. "Alright, if you insist." We walked up to the counter where a tall blond served us. She looked around our age. "How can I help you," she asked Brent batting her eyelashes trying to flirt. I guess she knows who he is. He ignored her and ordered a large bucket of popcorn. "That will be eight fifty," she said as she smiled at Brent. He handed her a ten dollar bill and put the change back in his pocket. He grabbed the bucket and went over to Cameron and Jack who were waiting by the door to movie. We walked in and sat down. Brent sat next to me so we could share the popcorn.

We watched a bunch of trailers for movies and some looked pretty good. The movie started and we started eating our popcorn. I went to grab a handful and so did Brent and we grabbed each other's hands. I quickly moved mine away but he grabbed it. He looked at me and smiled and squeezed my hand a little and let go so he could grab some popcorn. I could not believe Brent just held my hand. But wait, he has a girlfriend he can't be falling for me. He can have any girl he wants pretty much so why would he like me?

I ignored it and was careful not to get popcorn at the same time as him. When the movie ended the lights turned on and we headed out. I must say it wasn't that bad of a movie. Cameron and Jack were making a vine while Brent and I went to through the empty bucket away. We meet by the door and walked out over to the car. We got in but this time Cameron sat in the passenger seat so he could talk to Jack leaving me sitting alone next to Brent! We talked about random stuff till Jack dropped us off.
We stood in Brent's driveway when he started to talk again. "So I made reservations for this nice restaurant in the city and I was supposed to take Megan but since she's busy would you like to come?" I smiled. "Sure Brent. What time should I be ready?" "At seven. Jack said he would drop us off and pick us up." "Ok, see you tonight then," I said and walked off. I was going to dinner with Brent. I walked in my house with a big smile and found my mom asleep on the couch. I knew she would be tired since she worked very late and left again early in the morning. I walked quietly to my room and laid down on my bed. I had no idea what to wear for I was never good at picking out outfits. I texted Jules.

Sydney: I'm going to this fancy place for dinner and I have no idea what to wear, HELP!!!

She replied in about three minutes.

Jules: Whose the lucky guy?:)

Sydney: I'm going with Brent but just as friends because his girlfriend had plans.

Jules: friends for now;)

Sydney: He doesn't like me like that

Jules: You don't know that

Sydney: So what do I wear???

Jules: How about that blue dress you wore to Kailee's party last month. Wear some silver hoops and your silver necklace from your aunt and pair it with your silver heels your mom bought you at the mall when I went with you. Also, you should curl your hair.

Sydney: Thanks, your a lifesaver. ttyl

Jules: ttyl:)

If it weren't for Jules I would probably shown up in a pair of shorts and a T-shirt.

I had about an hour to get ready so I went to my bathroom and took a shower. I blow dried and curled my hair and put a silver pin in it. I then put on a thin line of eyeliner and some mascara and my favorite lip gloss. I went over to my closet and put on the royal blue dress. It was tight at the top and waist but then flared out right above my knees. I put on my jewelry and shoes and walked downstairs. I grabbed my clutch and put some cash and my phone in it.

"Someone's dressed up," my mom said as I walked into the living room. She was up now and was watching some TV show. "My friend's girlfriend made other plans so he asked me if I wanted to go to dinner tonight since he made reservations." "That's sweet, just be back by nine thirty." "Ok." The doorbell rang and I answered it. "Hey Brent," I said. He was wearing a nice collar shirt from American Eagle, khakis, vans, and surprisingly not a SnapBack. "You look nice," he said. "You too." "Hello," my mom said as she approached the door. "Hello Mrs. Jenkins," Brent said. "Oh, please call me Mary. Well, it was nice to meet you uh, um," "Brent," Brent said finishing her sentence. "You two have fun," my mom said and winked at me and went back to the living room. "Shall we," Brent said as he extended his hand. I took it and he smiled at me. We walked out to Jack's car where he said high to me and Brent. We sat in the very back together.

When we arrived there was a very long line and a short line. We got in the short line for people with reservations. When we got to the front the hostess looked at us. "Name," she asked. "Rivera," Brent said. "Right this way," she replied and grabbed two menus. Brent pulled out my chair for me so I thanked him and we sat down. "This place is packed," I said looking around. "Yeah, I had to make reservations two weeks early. I kept it a surprise and wanted to take Megan out tonight for out one month anniversary. I thought she would make a big deal about it, but she didn't even remember. I guess her other plans were more important." He looked down so I put my hand on his. He looked up. "Don't worry," I said. He looked at my eyes and then smiled.

"Hello," a waiter said," what would you like to drink?" "I'll have a Sprite," Brent said. "And for you young lady?" "I think I will have a Sprite too," I said. "Alright, I will be right back with your drinks."

We started to talk when we heard a couple by laugh really loud. We turned to look and I gasped. Brent clenched his fist. Sitting at the table next to us was Megan and another guy.