Chapter 4: Someone Get That Ape A Banana

*Dedicated to my first loyal reader on this story britt thanks for your comments and story support*

Mr. Fermon's class went exceptionally well, for the whole first day kind of thing. Of course, the Neanderthals in the row next to us whispered and scowled constantly in my direction. When the bell chimed, signaling the end of the block, I grabbed up my stuff and gave a friendly goodbye to Angie, telling her that we should definitely do lunch sometime. She seemed like a good person, not that I was looking to make friends or anything, but I felt like if I had to occupy my time with people, she wouldn't be that bad. 

The line to get out of the room was cramped and as I hit the door, I was wedged to the side of the frame by a rather rude and firm shoulder. When I snapped my head in the direction of the owner of said shoulder, that handsome but highly offensive scowl shot in my direction.

"Learn your place pond scum," his voice was deep and visceral, and if I'd not had the immediate desire to lay him out across that floor, with one smooth connection of my fist to his face, I might have been a little turned on.

Being the stubborn person that I was, instead of backing down and letting him pass, I forced my weight into him and slammed him against his side of the door frame, easily passing by him. I heard that guttural growl escape towards my direction, so naturally, I turned around and said, "Hey! Someone get this ape a banana." I ended the exchange with my own guttural growl in his direction and walked into the hall.

The students in the hall were silent, all eyes were on me as I waked in the direction of my block of lockers. I heard whispers that consisted of, look that's her and OMG did you see his face. So much for being invisible. Just my luck that of all the things that could happen, I would start off the year as an instant enemy to the school's most popular and feared pair of brothers.

When I made it to my locker, I pulled out the piece of paper from my informational packet that had the typed code for entry. I twisted the dial to the left four spaces, then around all the way once to the right and stopping at the twenty-one. Finally, I turned it back to the left landing on the twelve, and pulled...

And nothing... 4, 21, 12.. nothing...

Repeat... and pull... and... nothing!

Repeat... and pull... and... still nothing!

I pressed my forehead to the cold locker and said my calming mantra, in an attempt to not rip the locker off its hinges. My go to mantra that always calmed me down, consisted of reciting the names of some of my favorite musicians. Joey Ramone, Henry Rollins, David Bowie, Kurt Cobain. Usually, it didn't take long for the calm to overcome me, but not today.

As I was swearing under my breath, because my calming sentences were not working, I heard someone come up behind me. 

"That locker is known as the Anthabask Jammer. You've gotta push in when you get to your last number then immediately hit the locker before trying to open it," his voice was medium pitched and seemed genuine. I turned to look at the owner of the voice and laid my eyes on a really cute boy, who was about six feet. He had dark brown hair, that fell across his forehead in a sweeping motion and blue eyes that were somewhat obstructed by his black framed glasses. You could tell that he spent a lot of time in the weight room, even under his uniform, which was currently lacking a jacket. 

"Here let me help." He softly pushed me aside and took the combination from my hand, plugging it in, pushing the dial in at the last number and then bashing his fist firmly against the metal front. In an instant, it was open and my desire to trash it was receding.