The Reveal

A/N

Just clarifying something here, since I have Elizabeth and Mary in a scene together it might get confusing on how I am referring to Mary. Elizabeth still believes that Mary is James, while Mary is really Mary in this scene. Therefore, I'll refer to Mary as Mary, though Elizabeth will still be calling him James in her dialogue. So, no, Elizabeth still doesn't know.

I'd also like to take the time to thank all of readers and commenters for their kind words and follows. I really appreciate it and I'm glad you're enjoying my story:)

I also apologize deeply for my absence and I promise to return to regular update schedule!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elizabeth took more steps forward, moving faster than it would take Mary to shove her hair back in that red bandanna. Faster than Mary could transform back into James. 

'James,' Elizabeth called, pacing forward, moving close enough to grasp Mary's shoulder. 'We need to-'

Mary panicked. With a sudden jerk she pulled from Elizabeths touch, throwing the bandana over her face before bolting upwards to a standing position, her blade falling from her lap and onto the wooden deck with a metallic clunk. Elizabeth continued to stare, her meadow green eyes widening from the unexpected movement.

'James-'

Once again she was cut off. Mary covered her face with the bandanna, quickly crying out the first thing that came to her mind.

'I can't talk right now!' James voice coming from Mary's body.

'Don't be foolish.' A light smirk played on Elizabeth's pale features before the brunette attempted to make another grab. Edward stood off, contemplating if he should stop the young girl now before things became worse.

Mary pulled away again, only more fiercely. 

'Just...' Mary stuttered. 'Just go away!'

The tone had come out as angry, much to Mary's dismay and Elizabeth just froze, a hurt look spreading across her face. Evident in her meadow green eyes.

'Did... Did I do something wrong?' she stuttered quickly, the playful tone dropping quickly from her voice as she fought to meet James's brown eyes.

'No. No!' Mary yelled again, moving towards Edward blindly, hoping for some sort of assistance from the blonde pirate. 'You... No!'

'Are you okay?' Elizabeth's eyebrows furrowed as she hesitantly held out her pale arm, reaching for Mary.

'Just dandy,' Mary exclaimed, almost too happily as she progressed towards Edward at a faster pace, yearning for the mans help.

Finally, Mary collided with the blonde pirate, looking up at the man with big brown eyes. Edward just stared back, not sure what else he could do to help the girl.

'You can talk to me, you know?' Elizabeth moved even closer, her finger tips barely brushing Mary's brown leather jacket as her eyes attempted to search the pirates who was pressed up against the taller Edward.

Mary's heart pounded as Elizabeth's pale hand moved to grasp her arm, she was terrified that Elizabeth would coax the bandanna from her hand. 

'No!' More panicked words erupted from Mary Read's mouth as she rushed backwards, nearly shoving her blond friend into the blue ocean that lapped against the pier below. Edward grasped  Mary's shoulder for balance and Elizabeth withdrew her arm quickly, returning it to her side.