I Found Your Man

A/N
Basically when Mary is Mary she'll be referred to as a 'she'. But when Mary is James she'll be referred to as 'he'.

Understand?

Good! :)

I also think I'm going to publish some of the things I've been writing for school- since they're all related to James Kidd. XD.

Also- I know how to say 'Vane stole my clams' in Spanish!

Vane roba me almejas

Mwhahaha
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edward Kenway stood poised over a dead Lauren's Prins, his hidden wrist blade coated in the older mans sticky blood. He straightened himself up, brushing himself off with his aged hands before looking around meticulously. Where was she? He stood over one of her dead targets, yet she was no where to be seen. Absently he bent down again- raiding the old mans pockets for spare Reales or anything of value. He pushed the man over onto his belly after he was finished, not caring to look at bloodied face. Stuffing the Reales in his pocket he returned to looking about, his eyes darting every which way as he searched for the one and only Mary Read.

'Hey, Kenway!' her voiced projected out towards him. Edward spun on his heel- hand flying over his swords instinctively. 'I found yer man!' she continued.

Edward had turned to see a frightful sight, though Mary didn't seem to think of it as such. Roberts grasped Mary's right arm, a pistol held at her head, and satisfied smile plastered on his face. Kenway had expected a different expression portrayed on Mary's but all he could see was that goddamn smirk- it seemed to be the one thing Mary and James shared. Upon seeing her face Edward suddenly felt at ease, his next actions becoming rather natural.

Mary and Edward made quick eye contact, she threw him a wink- yet another thing that her and her counterpart self shared and he nodded. The two had some sort of unspoken connection and within the next seconds Mary drew her elbow back and down on the Sage's face. It connected with a crack and that's when she and Edward bolted. Mary back inside the house she had emerged from and Edward to the nearby shrubbery.

The Sage had recovered rather quickly, grasping his nose as he took aim with his pistol. Popping out a shot his bullet his the metal of the security bell that Kenway had sabotaged earlier. It set off a loud metallic clang the echoed across the fields- signaling re-enforcement's. A sound Edward and Mary alike knew all to well.

Mary had sprung into action immediately, sprinting out of the house as several guards began to make their presence known. She shouted simple words before running from the spot.

'See ya on the other side, Kenway!'

With that she ran from the property, leaving Edward with the swell job of cleaning up their mess. He turned on his heel quickly, jumping the fence easily before running down the hillside and back into the main town of Kingston- guards hot on his heels.

Meanwhile Elizabeth stood, limping through town as she babied on of her ankles- the one Nathaniel had set his crushing weight upon. She wasn't sure how the rest of herself fared since she was unable to get a look at her face nor her neck. Though she had a pretty good idea, her neck still ached as well as her lungs as she wobbled her way down the Kingston road, just wanting to make it back to Adéwalé and the Jackdaw. Her scalp was still sore as the breeze tugged at the tangled strands.

A commotion arose behind her- like it had did yesterday in Nassau and she turned slowly. A single man was racing down the path, dirty blonde hair pulled back in a mangled ponytail. His black robes flowing the wind as he ran.

Edward Kenway.

Apparently Edward and James 'man time' hadn't gone as expected- or perhaps they had been expecting this. Elizabeth couldn't tell the difference, they were men. Who knew what happened in their private affairs.

She sidestepped as quick as she could, wanting to move out of the way of the man and his pursuers. Within seconds he graced past her, not giving a second glance as the soldiers continued to chase. Expressing a sigh she just followed slowly, quickly losing sight of them as she traveled, but not caring. Her whole body ached, all she wished to do was lie down. Elizabeth continued her mangled limp down to the Jackdaw.

***

Edward gasped for air as he had finally lose his whole entourage of pursuers. Grasping his stomach he stumbled to the ground, his lung screaming for more oxygen- he had received quite the work out. Backing his way up against a tree he brushed back the escaping strands of blonde hair that was mingling with the sweat beading on his forehead.

'Someone looks short for breath,' James Kidd smirked- dressed as a man once again.

'Well you clean up nice,' Edward huffed, noticing the mans change of appearance.

'I try,' Kidd shrugged before tossing a cloth bag full of Reales to Edward- it landing with a thud besides him. 'Here- for killing Prins.'

Edward grinned before parting his lips for more air.

'Well, we should probably find Elizabeth and find our way back to the Jackdaw now, shall we?' James had begun to saunter over to Kenway, preparing to help him up from his position against the tree.

***

Elizabeth's limp eventually became slower and slower as she headed for the safety of the Jackdaw. Her head pounding and neck throbbing as she moved. Her breaths were shallow and the pain growing in her ankle was becoming near unbearable. She seldom looked at it though, deciding that if she did then she might begin panicking. 

She had stopped searching for Edward and James a while ago- either they were already aboard the ship waiting for her or they were still on their mission to complete God knows what.

The awfully relieved sight of the Jackdaw and the massive Kingston dock came into view and she suppressed a sigh, slightly speeding up her gait as she approached.

None other than James Kidd and Edward Kenway stood on the dock, looking out for what she supposed to be herself. She saw a single pair of brown eyes flick her way and she waved half heartily, waiting for them to take notice. 

Kidd's eyes widened farther than she thought humanly possible when he caught sight of her, grabbing onto Kenway's clothed arm before running forward to catch the tired girl.

'Jaysus!' Edward exclaimed when within earshot. 'What happened?'

Elizabeth brushed off the questions as if they were merely nothing, and then James grabbed a hold of her.

'If ye think you're gonna not answer my questions then you must horribly mistaken.'

'James...' Elizabeth sighed, looking over at the tanned man.

'We're discussing this as soon as we step upon the Jackdaw, lass.'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the delay in updates- had to finish my HW first.

I'll be publishing some separate pieces in a bit, like some of my classwork and my short story for that writing competition.